Summer Cheek Trio

Monday, June 5, 2017


For as long as I can remember eyeshadows have been my number one weakness. I have too many an abundance of eye palettes and can't resist browsing for more. However, lately my passion has been blush, bronzer, and highlighter! There's something about cheekbones that sing when the light hits them that has my heart right now.

While trying to spend less (the eternal struggle) I shopped my stash and put together a cheek combo that is perfect for summer. I've been wearing it all the time and love the way these three products play together. First I start with a generous swish of The Body Shop's Honey Bronzer in Shade 3 with a large brush on the back half of my cheeks and continuing it up along my temples and forehead. It's a subtle bronze that's just enough color to warm up your skin, especially if your still sporting your "winter" complexion, like I am.

I used to apply highlighter last, but I've changed it up to apply it before blush and I love how it seems to marry the products a bit better this way. I go in with a fan brush and lightly apply Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal to the apples of my cheeks, up along my cheekbones and slightly up my temples and browbone. Opal gives a less intense sheen than my typical go to, Champagne Pop and it's a little more golden in tone, which pairs beautifully with my blush of choice.

For a warm wash of color, my hero blush has been Benefit Coralista. (Now that's really shopping my stash, since that was the first non-drugstore makeup purchase I ever made!) I concentrate it on the apples of my cheeks and blend it back to diffuse the color slightly. It's a wearable coral with a hint of sheen that when paired with Opal reminds me of a sunrise on a warm summer morning.


This trio is definitely my go to right now. I love how the three products work so well together. Let me know what makeup combos you're loving, especially with the weather getting warmer. Something about spring changing to summer always makes me want to shake up my makeup and get out of the repetitive rut I inevitably end up in!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.