Spring Refresh

Monday, April 24, 2017


With the weather warming up and the days getting sunnier, I'm getting inspired to spruce up my closet. A few new pieces go a long way to make everything feels refreshed and ready for spring and summer.

A new watch is one of my favorite things to treat myself to. I'm a collector of Fossil watches and this lovely Fossil watch (on sale!) caught my eye. The pairing of the gray leather band and mother of pearl geometric face make for a unique accessory that goes with just about anything.

A couple pairs of versatile shoes are always a welcome addition as the season blooms. These Steve Madden sandals in Rosy Suede caught my eye as a chic take on the slide trend. They could be dressed up or down easily and I could see myself wearing them to death this summer. For a slightly dressier option, I love the look of these suede Nine West slides. The light purple (bordering on heather gray) is so fresh, especially with the subtle metallic strip peeking out of the block heel.

Like many others I was (overly) excited about the Victoria Beckham for Target collection. I may or may not have woken up at 3 a.m. to order it order it online for fear of it selling out. No shame. I've been a fan of hers forever (since childhood and the Spice Girls years, really). Having bought a few pieces from this collection, I thought a few of them would be great recommendations for spring. The blush dress with the Alice in Wonderland-inspired white rabbit touch on the collar has my heart. Looking for something with more a punch? The orange drop waist dress is the ticket. The quality of these pieces was impressive, too - the materials and attention to detail did not disappoint.

Colorful, fun makeup has been calling my name recently, so it's no surprise that the tarte Make Believe in Yourself palette is at the top of my shopping list right now. Some of those magical colors make me happy just looking at them and would definitely push me out of my comfort zone. Hydrated lips are a necessity year round, so for spring it's a nice treat to pick up this Burt's Bees Lip Balm in Pink Grapefruit. The scent is a refreshing take on a classic moisturizing balm.

My busy time at work just ended so I actually have free time again (best.feeling.ever.). I started taking the dogs for walks and I'm looking forward to working on the house again. We've started painting all the doors and trim so I can't wait to finish that and see the house transformed. One change can definitely make a big difference!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.