Kat Von D: Alchemist Holographic Palette

Monday, April 10, 2017

Duochrome, holographic, unicorn-inspired. I'm into it alllll lately. All of these type of products are making me so much more excited about makeup than I have been in the last few months. I love products that can be used in multiple ways, so the Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette is right up my alley. 



It can be used as cheek and face highlight, eye shadow, shadow topper, brow bone highlight, inner corner highlight... I could keep going... The pans are unassuming. Each of the four looks like an off-white at first glance. In reality they are a blue, green, purple and pink that pack a punch. Alone they can be a gorgeous but subtle holographic wash of color. I love using the pink shade as a cheek highlight and any of the shades on the inner corners of my eyes. It's fun and unexpected, but not overpowering. 

They really come to life when you layer them over other shadows, though. I swatched them each over a black shadow to show off their beauty and dimension. I'd love to layer the purple over a gray cream shadow or the green over a brown. The possibilities are endless, really. Get creative and have some fun with these. I definitely have - I've been so excited to reach for these when I get ready in the morning!



Let me know if you've tried this or any other products that you've been loving lately!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.