2017 Goals

Monday, January 9, 2017



I'm not a fan of New Year's Resolutions. I never make them. Even if I do, I break them within weeks which is pretty defeating. With that being said, this year I'm going to set some achievable goals for the year, rather than life-altering resolutions. 

Blog goals

Be more consistent with my posts // If you're been around here for a while, you know that at times I can go for a few weeks without posting anything. I'm not intentionally trying to be a lax blogger, but sometimes life just gets in the way. Rather than making an unrealistic resolution for myself of posting multiple times a week every week, I'm going to push myself for a realistic goal of once a week posts, but not missing a week like I sometimes have. 

Improve my photos // I invested in a DSLR camera a couple of years ago and I have some of the basics down, but I really want to teach myself how to get the most out of it. More than anything else I want my pictures to be sharper and to improve the composition of each one. So many blogs that I read have such stunning photos, which is really inspiring me to up my own photo game. 

Personal goals

Learn to cook a few basic meals // If making mac-n-cheese out of a box counted as cooking, then I'd be set. But it doesn't, unfortunately for me. My goal this year is to learn to make a few basic meals without burning or undercooking anything. I'll probably look to Pinterest for some meal inspiration, but if you have some recipe recommendations please leave them in the comments. I'm lucky I'm married to man who can cook.

Purge unused junk // I'm finally to the point where I'm tired of hanging onto things that I don't use. I want to get rid of anything I don't wear, things I'm planning on using 'someday' (but never do), and other junk that's just sitting around taking up space and cluttering up my house. I feel like this goal would make me so much happier day to day, so I really want to follow through with it.

Now comes the hard part of getting started on all of these and sticking with them. What are your goals this year? 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.