Trying a new brand: Milk Makeup

Monday, December 5, 2016


There's a spark inside of me that lights up when I try a brand I've never used before, as most makeup lovers would probably agree with. There's a lot of factors that would push me to give a brand a chance. I'm sucked in by packaging, whether it be sleek and chic or creative and colorful, it's one of the things to grab me first. If I've heard positive buzz about the brand then I'm definitely more likely to be willing to try it, too. Lastly, and especially of late, if they have something in their lineup that's unique and I haven't seen before or I don't have in my collection, then I'll probably keep thinking about it until I eventually break down and buy it. I have no willpower. 

All of these things led me to try Milk Makeup. 

The enabler was a sample of Sunshine Oil in my Birchbox a few months ago. I hadn't heard much about the brand at the time, but the packaging was cute, clean, and eye-catching. From using the oil over the past several weeks, I can definitely say that I like it. The rollerball is a nice touch, to avoid the gross feeling of oily fingers on application. The oil smells really fresh and citrusy and I tend to apply it under my eyes and to any drier areas of my face before bed. It doesn't feel greasy, as you might think; instead, it sinks in and makes your skin feel nicely hydrated.

I'd been looking for a cream bronzer in stick form for a while but hadn't found one that looked like my Goldilocks. I finally decided to give the Matte Bronzer from Milk a try and I'm pretty happy with that decision. The formula is creamy and smooth, so it applies easily without dragging. It blends out effortlessly with a brush or dampened beauty sponge to give you a natural bronzed glow, too. The only negatives for me are that it's a little wide, so it can be challenging to apply it precisely in a small area when you need to, and it pulls towards the warm side, so I don't tend to use it for contouring. 

The most recent product that I tried is the one that I had my eye on forever and the one that I'm most in love with. The Holographic Stick is a interesting and unique little stunner that I can't stop reaching for. I use it as a cheek highlight, but this lavender-based stick can be used for adding a futuristic pop of iridescence to your eyes, cupid's bow, bridge of your nose, or pretty much anywhere you want a subtle sheen with a hint of color. I know it sounds a little odd, but it's one of the most beautiful makeup products I've ever used and more wearable than it looks.



So  what's next? I really want to try the Blush Oil and the Gel Brow since they both look like nothing else in my collection. Have you tried anything from Milk Makeup that you'd recommend? 

It's unbelievable to me that it's December already. It's my birthday tomorrow, so my Mom is taking me out for a mani/pedi tonight and my husband is taking me out to dinner this weekend. I have no Christmas gifts bought yet, but I mostly just need to get gifts for my one and a half year old nephew (any suggestions are greatly welcomed). We aren't putting up a Christmas tree this year, since Agnes is still very interested in anything and everything around her that she can pull, steal, or chew. It would be up for about 5 minutes before she got into it and went nuts. She's a curious little sweetheart of a puppy haha. 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.