Unicorn Inspired Makeup

Monday, November 21, 2016


There's something so magical and special about a unicorn. Of course they're not real, but that doesn't stop me from adding a bit of their whimsy into my makeup (and wardrobe) every now and again! The pink and purple haze that seems to surround a unicorn have been influencing me to have a little more fun with my daily makeup choices lately.

For my eyeshadow I've been reaching for the Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Quad in Plum. As it's all matte, it's great for both day and night. I swipe the pale pink all over my lids as a base, then add a layer of the light purple all over on top. I carve out an outer V with the deep plum and finish it all by sweeping the deeper pink through my crease to define it and blend everything else together. All of the rich colors play together beautifully and the shades are perfect for autumn, too.

I snagged the Ardency Inn Modster Eyeliner in Lilac from the Sephora sale, since I've had my eye on it for what feels like an eternity. I'm so glad I went for it, because it's one of the best liners I've ever tried. They don't call it a Smooth Ride liner for nothing - it applies so easily without dragging or skipping. It's smooth to apply without being too soft or crumbly, as others can be, too. The color makes me ridiculously happy every time I use it too! It's such a punchy shade - somewhere between purple and pink and it makes a statement while still being wearable. Think grown up punk.

Another Sephora sale splurge was the Milk Makeup Holographic Stick. I was so hesitant about this one, since online it appears like a futuristic, prismatic and intense product. However, this has turned into one of the most unusual and fun products that I've ever used! It's a cool toned lavender 'use-anywhere' type of stick that I primarily use as a highlight. Don't be put off by the color description, thinking that it's unwearable, because it's absolutely stunning when it's applied. It glides onto the skin easily and gives you a modern take on highlighter. It shines and catches the light without being shimmery which is one of the things that I'm most impressed with about it. I'm excited to try it out in other ways too (I'm thinking this will be a stunner of a glossy eye!)



Makeup that makes you feel a little more fabulous than usual is always a win in my book. Something about this color palette makes me feel so cheerful whenever I use it, so I can definitely see myself reaching for these often. I'm off of work this whole week and I couldn't be more excited for it. Aside from Thanksgiving on Thursday and a Gilmore Girls revival marathon with my mom all day Friday, I don't have much planned (and I like it that way haha!) Have a great week everyone!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.