October Favorites: Beauty, Hair Care & Lifestyle

Monday, November 7, 2016


October came and went in a flash, as most months seem to. By the time the month ended and Halloween was over, it felt like fall had truly settled in. I've succumbed to wearing a jacket in the morning so I don't freeze when the sun is still rising and my booties are all back in my wardrobe, as if they were never stored away back in the spring.

I had a few makeup items that I found myself consistently reaching for all month. The IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye has been my concealer of choice. It's a thicker formula that blends in easily with your fingertips and a little goes a long way to hide any bit of darkness you're suffering from. Set it with a little powder and you're good to go all day. 

Something about cooler temps make me want to add more glow and gleam to my makeup routine. I haven't been holding back with my highlighter and I've been reaching for the By Terry Ombre Blackstar shadow sticks a lot more than usual. They have an intense light reflective shimmer packed into the cream shadow and I can't get enough. I use Misty Rock, a purple toned taupe, built up for nights out or with a light hand for daytime. Frozen Quartz is a peachy pink with gold undertones that I love for brightening up my eyes on extra-tired mornings. The formula blends out perfectly and doesn't budge once it's set. They're definitely up there in price, but that's the only drawback for me when it comes to these shadows.


A couple of times a week I add an extra step to my shower routine and work Briogeo's Don't Dispair, Repair deep conditioning mask into the ends of my hair. I leave it in throughout the whole shower and rinse it out right before I finish. I always notice that my hair is softer and more cooperative the next couple of days after using it. I'm officially a deep conditioner convert and addict now. 

If you're interested in anything unusual, strange pieces of history, and fascinating photographs, then the blog Messy Nessy will pull you into a black hole of curiosity that you won't regret. I stumbled onto it through a Cupcakes & Cashmere Links I Love post about NYC's most secret places and have been obsessed ever since. Posts range from a Scientology handbook (I couldn't stop laughing...) to North Korean restaurants to a time capsule house stuck in the '50's and everything in between. 

It feels like the holidays will be here before you know it. Thanksgiving (in the US) is only a few weeks away and Christmas decor is already popping up in all the stores. I'm also (overly) excited for the Gilmore Girls revival later this month. As my mom and I used to watch it together when it was on, we're planning on watching it together when it's released on Netflix. My goal is to binge watch it in two days, but we'll see. I have such high expectations for it, so I hope it's great! Have a good week everyone!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.