Fall Face: Perfect Pairs

Monday, October 17, 2016


I've been shopping my stash lately and trying out different combinations of makeup to create some perfect pairings for my fall makeup routine. Through some trial and error, I've found some duos that I've incorporated into my everyday face and have been consistently been reaching for lately.

Brows
NYX Micro Brow Pencil + NYX Tinted Brow Mascara // Separately they're each great, but together they're my perfect brow pair. The pencil is a great dupe for Anastasia's and comes in a wide selection of shades. The brow mascara has just enough hold to keep my brows in place without being crunchy and a hint of tint to finish them off and add dimension over the pencil. 

Undereye
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye + Hourglass Dim Light Powder // This duo I started using within the past week and I'm so in love with it! The concealer is high coverage, but blends in smoothly if you use your fingertips. It adds a brightening effect to your undereyes and when it's set with the powder it's the perfect balance of brightness and coverage while being set into place so it doesn't crease. The first day I wore it, every time I looked in the mirror I was happier than I've ever been with my concealer. That's how I knew it was a winning combo!

Cheeks
Becca Flowerchild Blush + Becca Champagne Pop Poured // This blush is one of those shades that goes with everything and would look good on everyone. It lasts all day and can be built up so easily, too. I've been topping it off with the poured version of Champagne Pop for a more natural highlight (compared to the pressed version, which I would normally use) and the two together play together like bffs giving your cheeks a healthy color and glow.

Lips
Revlon Balmstain in Cherish + NYX Lipstick in Castle // This is another recent discovery. I really wanted to pull out this bright pink lipstick the other day, but by itself it was reading a bit too bright for my liking. I pulled out this lilac shade, put it on top and patted it in. The result was so perfect! Not too pink, not too purple, but just right. A regular Goldilocks of lip pairings. 


What are your favorite makeup products to combine for a perfect partnership? If you've discovered any that you love, let me know! I hope you all had a great weekend! We were pretty relaxed around here. I took a long nap Saturday, which I haven't done in a while and it felt great! We ran a few errands later that day and went out to dinner at a place we hadn't tried before (and enjoyed)! I love when we find another restaurant to add to the rotation!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.