Autumn Eyes: Shadows and Liners for the Season

Monday, October 24, 2016



Continuing with the fall theme from my last post, I wanted to do a roundup of my favorite shadows and liners that are perfect for the season. Eyeshadows and liners have my heart when it comes to makeup and I've collected more over the years than I'd like to admit. For me, metallics, deep greens, and rich plums are the perfect palette for autumn.


In terms of palettes, you can't go wrong with the Lorac Unzipped. The metallic tones in it are stunning and I love the mattes for both liner and making a subtle smoky eye. The colors are rich, but have a bit of fallout, so you need to tap off any excess before applying. I reach for these shadows a lot and can't recommend this palette enough.


Single shadows in both powder and cream formulas have some great selections for beautiful fall shades. Laura Mercier's Terracotta is a gorgeous wet/dry shadow that packed with shimmer in a warm coppery rust tone. A brown laced burgundy shadow, Maybelline's Pomegranate Punk is one that's easy to put on with your fingertips and smudge out for an easy single-shadow eye look. When I first found Laura Geller's Copper Penny I couldn't put it down - it's such a gorgeous metallic! (Full review here) If your looking for something a little deeper, Laura Mercier's Khaki is for you. It's a dark taupe green that looks great along the lash line. (See it in action here) Last up is a warm rich rose gold from Love of Color called Impress Me that great all over the eye.


There are four liners in my collection that scream fall to me. Kat Von D's Bukowski is a stunning forest green that's easy to apply. The last three all all from Urban Decay. Empire is a deep purple that very long lasting - once it set's you're good to go. Roach is my all-time favorite and most used liner in a go-with-everything bronze tone. Trick (similar) is a stunning copper that adds bit of shimmer to any eye look.

What eyeshadows and liners do you reach for the most during the autumn months? That's one thing I love about the seasons changing - it's a great reason to shake up your makeup! I can't believe it's only one week until Halloween! It's my favorite holiday, so I'm looking forward to it as always. I need to think of a costume, but I'm not sure what I want to dress up as. I'm leaning towards Wednesday Addams, but I'm still not sure. If you're dressing up, let me know what your costume is going to be!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.