Autumn Lips Four Ways

Monday, September 26, 2016


One of the easiest ways to welcome autumn is switching up your lipstick. We all love to bring out our berry tones as soon as the weather starts to change, but if you're looking for some options other than the typical "fall" colors, I have four shades today to welcome the falling leaves and cooler temps. 


Nude // A nude lip is truly seasonless, but I love how effortlessly it can pull a look together. I tend to go for smudgy liner and smokier looks in the colder months, so a nude look is the perfect companion for that. My favorite is Clinique's Beige Pop.

90's // Since the 90's a back in full force, why not embrace the trend with a grunge-inspired lip color? Maybelline's Gone Greige is perfect for this. It sits somewhere between brown and gray and is perfect paired with your well-worn band tee and converse.

Bold // Looking to go all out spice up your look with something more intense? Bold lips are for you. I went with an opaque purple (NYX's Playdate), but I also love the look of a deep blue or black lip, if it suits you. 

Bright // A bright lip isn't just for summer. I love taking cues from the colors of fall and going for a bright orange. I'm wearing Revlon's Balm Stain in Rendezvous and I think it's my favorite of the four options.



With hats coming back into the mix this season, I love styling my hair into loose, casual waves with a straightener. I've curled mine with the Irresistible Me Diamond Flat Iron* to give it some movement, but still keep it shiny. It's not too overdone, but it adds a little extra oomph so you don't get overwhelmed by the hat you're wearing. This style looks great with both wide-brimmed hats and beanies, too. Now that it's officially fall, I'm looking forward to wearing this look picking pumpkins for my front porch and buying fresh baked apple pies. I think autumn might just be my favorite season!

I hope you all had a great weekend! I've been battling a cold since Thursday (one reason for the sunglasses - puffy eyes are zero fun), so I'm hoping it'll be completely gone within the next couple of days. I hate being sick! Having no energy is the worst. It seems like fall tv has been coming back over the last week. I went to my dvr list this weekend and there are So. Many. Shows. I'm most excited to get back into The Blacklist and The Goldbergs - both are so good!!

*I was generously given this product for review. All opinions are my own, as always.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.