From lavender to lilac: the purple makeup edit

Monday, June 6, 2016


When it comes to makeup, I've always been drawn to all things purple. From lavender to lilac and everything in between, it's a perfect shade for spring and summer. I rounded up some of my favorites that perfectly capture the beauty of this color. If I have these featured in an older post, I'll link it as well, so you can see the product in action.

Nails:
Trust Fund Beauty Elegantly Wasted (post) // A deeper, periwinkle lilac that's easy to apply in one coat and very opaque.
Essie Play Date (post) // One of my all-time faves. This bright purple screams spring and is such a sweet and fun shade!

Cheeks:
Benefit Hervana // When all four shades in this blush are swirled together it makes the most beautiful orchid flush for your cheeks. It's perfect for no-makeup makeup days, too.

Eyes:
Maybelline Color Tattoo Crayon in Lavish Lavender (post) // My favorite of all of the shades I've tried from this range. It's a gorgeous shimmery purple that's quick and easy to swipe on and blend out with your finger.
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Orchid (post) // Both a fantastic formula and shade, this pinky-orchid is stunning worn in a single layer for a sheer look or built up for a brighter purple eye. 
Urban Decay Tonic (post) // This duochrome beauty is one my favorites for both the light lilac color and the slightly blue shift it has when the light hits it.

Lips:
Maybelline Kissable Balm Stain in Darling (discontinued - NYX Castle is similar) (worn here) // This is easily my most worn lipstick, so I was completely heartbroken when I found out it's been discontinued! Why does that always happen?! It's a beautiful cool toned lilac with slight pink undertone and goes with virtually everything. I looked through a ton of swatches to find a dupe and NYX Castle looks pretty similar in tone. 
NYX High Voltage Lipstick in Playdate // This is a more recent purchase and I really like it! When it's worn full-on it's a pretty intense lavender, but it can easily be blotted down for a much more wearable look. 

Let me know any of your purple makeup faves! I'm always on the lookout for more to try in that color family. Hope you had a good weekend! I started watching Gossip Girl o Netflix a couple weeks ago and I'm totally obsessed, so I spent most of Friday night binge watching that (I'm mid-way through season 2). The black hole has begun.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.