The Violet Dot

Monday, May 30, 2016


I've been in a nail polish rut recently. They were bare for almost 2 weeks (whaaaat?!) and I haven't bought a new one in quite a while. Nothing's been calling out to me, so I figured I'd shop my stash and mix and match for a fun combo. 

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The Violet Dot. Not groundbreaking, I'll admit, but definitely fun, eye-catching, and easy! 

A couple of coats of Essie's Lapiz of Luxury make a subtle periwinkle base. Give your digits a few minutes to dry and grab Essie's No More Film or any deep violet polish that you like. Get a little drop of polish right on the end of the brush and lightly dot it towards the back of your nail. You just need a tiny drop, since it'll settle and widen a bit as it dries. Add a topcoat and your done!

We took the day off on Friday to get a four day weekend and decided to repaint our front and side doors from an uninspiring white to a rich navy. I just need to finish up a little section of trim and they'll be done! On Sunday we went to the zoo for a bit then took a drive down to Ellicottville (a small town about an hour away from us that we snowboard at over the winter). We browsed through some shops and had a few drinks before heading home. If you're in the US, have a nice holiday weekend!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.