The Subtle Wing: Kat Von D Woolf

Monday, May 2, 2016


Over the years my makeup application skills have slowly improved, but sadly my eyeliner skills are still one of the things I can't quite master. I can never get the line smooth enough, or the wings to be even, and I can never, ever apply it quickly. (The struggle is soooo real...) I skip eyeliner a lot, but I really want to improve at it, since I love how it looks, so I'm always looking for different types to try that might be easier for me to use. 

I picked up the Kat Von D Ink Liner in Woolf during the Sephora sale a few weeks ago. I really like the KVD Tattoo Liner in Trooper, but I don't always want the intense look of jet black liner. Woolf seemed like a great option since it's a soft gray and I hoped (as always) that it would be a little easier for me and my lack of liner skills. 




I've tried it out quite a bit since I picked it up (on a day off meeting a friend for lunch, playing around with it before I take my makeup off at night, out for dinner and drinks another night etc). After all that, I have a few thoughts on the liner:

~It's easy to apply - the tip is fine, so it's easy to get a sharp end to your winged liner. As someone who struggles with eyeliner, I found this to be one of the easiest and most foolproof that I've ever used. *Phew*
~The subtle gray is a perfect alternative to black for daytime. However, I have found that sometimes I need to go over it more than once to make it completely opaque. If I use it several days in a row, it also seems to be a little bit patchy, almost like it's dried up a bit and needs a couple of days to get the tip re-saturated with color. (Both odd and irritating) 
~The longevity is fantastic - once it's dried it's not moving or fading until you decide to remove it.
~The shades in the range are gorgeous. Aside from the typical black and brown, there's a rainbow of different colors that'll strike your fancy.


I really want to try the Ink Liner out in a few other shades, especially to see if the opaqueness issue only happens with the gray. I have my eye on the sea blue, hunter green, and periwinkle - they're all so beautiful- I can't decide! 

I'm taking Monday off and my mom and I are going out for a full tea for lunch (scones, mini sandwiches, and teeny-tiny desserts). We went last year, too, and it was soooo delicious! I'm so excited to go back. Plus, there's an antique shop right next door, so we'll go for a browse through it after we eat. Who knows what we'll find! I'll try to get some snaps while we're there to share with you, too (shelikestoshop on Snapchat). Have a great week!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.