Underrated Beauty

Monday, April 11, 2016


Every beauty lover knows that the Naked palette, Becca highlighters, and Hourglass powders are great products. Cult favorites and superstars like these tend to get all the glory, while some underdogs lurk in the shadows, waiting for their time to shine. There's a few products in my collection that are excellent, but don't get talked about enough. Today's your day, my friends!

Although Essie is my most bought nail polish brand, the Maybelline Color Show polishes are a close second. The brush is the perfect size and holds it's shape well, making application a breeze. The formula is opaque in two coats and lasts forever before I see any chips. (It tends to grow out before it looks busted.) The colors in the range are lovely, too. Some of their glitters are my most-used and I always see new shades being released. Plus, at $3.99, it's a complete bargain.

I've tried my fair share of concealers over the years and the NYX High-Definition concealer is one I've repurchased multiple times. It's easy to swipe on with the doe-foot applicator and the creamy consistency makes it easy to blend with a brush or a dampened makeup sponge (my method of choice). It has great staying power, especially when set with a light powder and I really like how easily it brightens up my undereyes. This one is another steal at only $4.99!

Lip glosses seem to be a love/hate beauty products. Either you're a gloss person or you're not. I definitely am, and my favorite ones are the Pop Beauty Aqua Lacquers. It's a tinted gloss in a thicker, sticky formula, which sounds bad, but honestly it's formulas like these that translate into excellent longevity (just don't wear them on a windy day unless you want your hair to stick to them like a magnet). I love these glosses on their own, or over a lipstick or liner for some added shine. I can only seem to find them on Birchbox, but if you can get your hands on these, I'd definitely recommend trying them out!
Pop - Melted Peach & Flower Fuschia, NYX HD Concealer
The Cargo eye shadow palettes really don't get enough love. The shadows have fantastic pigmentation and are so rich and creamy. I was turning into the heart-eyed emoji whilst swatching these shadows. The Vintage Escape palette is one of the oldest in my makeup collection, but it's still so good! The Northern Lights palette's shadow colors are so gorgeous, too. I love these palettes and if you can find them in a store, give them a swatch- you won't be disappointed! They come out with new ones multiple times a year which I've seen on their website, as well as at Kohl's, Ulta, and Birchbox with different palettes on each site, so there's plenty to choose from.
Cargo - Vintage Escape


Cargo - Northern Lights
Ok, underdogs you've been shared. Hopefully you won't be wallflowers anymore! Let me know in the comments if you love any of these products, too and your favorite beauty product that never gets any buzz! I love trying new products from your recommendations!

I went shopping on Sunday with the Mr and things got spendy. I haven't done much shopping lately since I've been working so much so I went nuts at the mall and picked up some things from Express, Levis and Victoria's Secret. I can't wait to wear everything and got some good deals, so it wasn't too terrible, I guess. That's what I'm telling myself...

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.