Haul Review & Roundup: Love it, Like it, Leave it

Monday, April 25, 2016


A couple of weeks ago I hauled some beauty goodies from Ulta. Now that I've given them all a try I wanted to share with you the ones I love, some that are just ok, and others I wouldn't repurchase. 

The Loves:

Becca mineral blush in Flower Child (from the Blushed Radiance set) left swatch in photo // To say my love for this one came out of nowhere would be understatement. When I picked up that Becca set it wasn't specifically to buy this blush, but I'm so happy in came in the set! I've been using this shade soooo much lately. It's the perfect mix of pink and peach with a bit of a golden tone to it and it lasts insanely long once it's applied. (I honestly went to touch it up after I got home from work before going out to dinner and didn't even end up needing to since it still looked good!)

Becca Backlight Priming Filter (from the Blushed Radiance set) right swatch in the photo // This was the product I was most desperate to try from this set. It's safe to say I'm now completely addicted to this stuff and have been slapping it on my face before I apply my makeup every day. The primer has a slight tint and tiny shimmer to it that's undetectable once blended in, but it gives a nice glow to your skin and seems to make my makeup (especially my blush) last longer. This actually reminds me a lot of the Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint from both a shimmer and consistency standpoint.


Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Blush Palette l-r Cherry, Easy, Angel, Lo-Fi, Hush, OC // If you've been able to grab this, you're in luck - I can't seem to find this anywhere (other than Ebay) to link it for you - epic fail! It might still be in some stores, so keep you're eyes open 'cuz this is such a gem! The colors are beautiful, blendable, and are the perfect lineup for any look. I've been reaching for Cherry or Hush a lot and using Angel as more of a highligher.


Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara // I'm sure most of you have heard about this mascara by now, so I won't go on about it for long. It's still my fave, both due to the formula and the wand. I love a plastic wand and the side with the short bristles is perfect for applying mascara close to the lash line without making a mess.

The Likes:



Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone (both from the Blushed Radiance set) // These are definitely lovely highlighters. Great formula, long lasting, blendable, and really pretty when the light hits them. I'd expect no less from a Becca highlighter. (I prefer the pressed over the liquid if I were to choose one formula.) However, I still find myself reaching for Champagne Pop over these when I want some glow. These are a little more subtle, so if that's what you look for in a highlighter, then I'm sure you'd like these.

Rimmel Lip Liner in Addiction // I already knew that I liked this formula for lip liners (I also own East End Snob and Innocent - both are great!). This shade is more of a deeper, brown-rose shade. Definitely good for the 90's lip trend. I love filling in my lips with this, pressing it in, and topping it off with a little bit of rose-toned gloss.

BareMinerals Serum Concealer // I was kind of on the fence if this one was a like or a love. I really like how it's incredibly creamy - almost slippery - in texture. It makes blending it in a dream. When you pull the applicator out there's a lot of product on it for everywhere you want to conceal (and then some more). The color is a good match for me, too. I'm just not sure if it's The Best concealer I've ever used. Jury's still out on that one. Time will tell.


The Leaves:



Maybelline Crayons in Pink Parfait and Lilac Lust //  After my raves about this formula in the shade Lavish Lavender (which I still stand by!) these two shades were such a let down! I was hoping Pink Parfait would be a quicker to apply version of the Color Tattoo Metal pot in Inked in Pink (love that one!!), but sadly it's not. No matter how much I try to build it up, it just looks like next to nothing on my lids. Not for me. Lilac Lust was a let down as well. The color was completely meh and not one that I'll be reaching for.


Let me know if you like this kind of post and I can do them more often after I've tried out products that I pick up. What's the best (or worst) product you've tried lately? If you want to keep up with me daily, follow me on Snapchat (shelikestoshop)! I'm totally obsessed with it and post at least one photo or video with a ridiculous filter a day. Those filters are soooo fun!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.