Coffee Table Styling with Chairish: Edgy & Vintage or Playful & Chic

Thursday, March 24, 2016











With spring on the way, I'm really looking forward to sprucing up my house. I was inspired by a couple of coffee tables from Chairish that I wanted to style in two different ways. If you're not familiar with Chairish, they're a website that allows people to buy and sell vintage furniture and accessories. They also take the time to approve everything that's being sold, so you know it's the best of the best vintage pieces and not just any old thing (no pun intended) that you're browsing through.

First up, is a industrial-feel table styled for the edgy girl who like a bit of one-of-a-kind vintage in her home. I love that this table has the simplicity of the wood base, with the industrial touch from the metal top. I'd love this in my home! To add some vintage flair, I'd place this Italian Hotel Balestri tray on the table and layer it with the black and gold coasters (love the deco feel!) and the skull planter. A stack of your favorite books or magazines of the moment topped with a sassy accessory like this silver dude (hilarious!) would look great right in the middle. Last but not least, rather than candles, tiny string lights held inside of bell jars would be stunning, especially at night!






My other inspiration came from this dark table with storage drawers. Although it has a more serious feel, you can definitely make it feel playful and chic with a few additions. This ferris wheel box caught my eye, just from how colorful and fun it is! It would be perfect for storage of tv remotes and topped off with a whimsical piece like this jack would add to the playful element of this style. Something about a glass chess set screams chic to me and would add a touch of sophistication to any room. Burning a candle at night in this geometric lantern would probably add a gorgeous glow from the flicker of the flame. Of course, you'll need coasters so you keep the table in great condition, and these white stone coasters with gold edging are the epitome of glamorous perfection.

What are your must-have accessories to style your coffee table? Are you more edgy or playful with your decor? I'm probably a little of both, to be honest! If you want to see more home decor posts, let me know! I'm pretty obsessed with decorating my house at the moment, so I'd love to incorporate more home styling posts if you're interested.

*This post was inspired by Chairish. All opinions are my own, as always.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.