Worth the Splurge: The High End Products I Always Reach For

Monday, February 29, 2016



Who doesn't love to treat themselves once in a while? I love a good splurge, but I want to know that what I'm spending my hard-earned money on is worth the extra dollars. There's nothing worse than buying something pricey that turns out to be an epic fail. There's a few high end products that I've bought that have been totally worth it. I reach for them all the time and would definitely repurchase them when they run out.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette // I was completely skeptical about buying this and resisted it for a really long time. Since I've bought it, though, I've found myself using it every single day. It's such a finely milled, smooth formula that blends into the skin seamlessly. I mix the shades Dim and Incandescent every morning to set my undereye concealer. 

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop // The beauty community blew up over this highlighter last year. That craze was justified. The shimmery, golden goodness of this shade is what makes me love it so much. I have quite a few highlighters in my stash, but I always reach for this one over the others. A little bit goes a long way and it adds that pop of glow to take your look up a notch.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel // Brows are an important part of my daily routine- they're tedious, but make the most difference to how I look and feel. I've tried a bunch of brow gels, but there is always something off. This one, on the other hand, has a perfectly-sized brush and gel isn't too wet or dry. It's my top pick, though, because once it's on it holds your brows perfectly, but doesn't make them hard or unnatural. Plus, I use this every day and it's been going strong for months without running out or drying up.

Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten in Tropic Hues // My hands down, most worn blush in my excessive collection is definitely LG's Tropic Hues. No-makeup makeup day and want a subtle blush? Tropic Hues. Smokey eye and need a blush to balance it out? Tropic Hues. It's such a perfect mix of pink and peach that it goes with anything and can be applied lightly or really built up. It's one my favorite products that I've ever bought. 

Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks // As far as shadow sticks go, I know the By Terry ones get a lot of buzz, but it's the LM Caviar Sticks that have my heart. The formula is super creamy and long lasting. There's a good amount of shimmer to add that extra sheen to your lid, without irritating your eye. The shade selection in fantastic as well - my all time fave is Amethyst, but Orchid and Sandglow aren't far behind. I feel like I'll slowly end up with all of them.

Let me know what your #1 splurge is! Hope you had a good weekend! I spent most of mine getting some rest, after batting a cold/flu beast most of the week. No fun. 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.