January Favorites 2016

Monday, February 1, 2016


We're officially one month into 2016 already! Unbelievable. My January consisted of work getting busier, a fun party, and improving at a new sport (more on that later). I've also been getting excited about fashion again and posting more OOTD's on Instagram since I've really been loving some of the pieces that I've picked up recently. The first month of the year also was filled with a lot of great beauty products - from the tried and true, to brand spanking new.

Rimmel Lift Me Up Mascara // I'm really fickle with mascara, so the fact that this is my second tube of this says a lot. I love that it smells like cucumbers (hello, fresh scent!) and it doesn't get clumpy so you can easily build it up. Since I've been using it my lashes have been noticeably stronger, too- I've seen less of them fall out when I wash my face and they seem a little longer than they used to be. It has to be the vitamins in it, 'cuz I have no other explanation for that improvement. It's not the most dramatic mascara, but it's been my go-to for everyday wear.

Whish Almond Body Butter // Winter dry hands seem to be inevitable every year. I found this little travel size body butter in my stash and starting applying it once or twice a day. I wouldn't say it's a long term solution to dry skin, but it does keep my hands feeling softer and moisturized for a solid 12 hours. Plus, the almond scent is sooooo rich and long lasting!

theBalm Instain Blush in Houndstooth // In typical Laura fashion I've been in a rush getting out the door a lot lately and I've found that the best way to quickly give life to my face is with a punch of blush. I love theBalm Instain blushes because of their serious (read: use a light hand!) pigmentation. The staying power of these are incredible too. I've been a fan of the mauve tone of the Houndstooth for a pretty winter flush!

Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Cosmic (Yeyo is very similar) // Another little trick to looker more fresh-faced and awake when you're running late is adding a really bright highlight to the inner corners of your eyes. My pick lately has been the UD liner in Cosmic. It's a super bright shimmery white that's so quick and easy to pop on as a final touch in the morning. It came in a set that's no longer available, but any white shimmery liner will do the trick. 

NYX High Voltage Lipstick in Stone // I bought this lipstick on a whim while browsing in Ulta a few weeks ago and I'm soooo happy I did! It's one of those 90's-inspired shades that's a nude with a gray undertone. The formula is creamy with a nice opacity to it and the color is an understated neutral that goes with everythaaaang. I feel much cooler than I actually am when I wear it. Can't say enough good things about this lipstick - you need to check it out!

Lush Ultrabland Facial Cleanser // I've officially gotten rid of face wipes. Cut the cord. There's no more in the house anymore as my lazy makeup removing fall-backs. Why? Because I've become a complete Ultrabland addict. I use this balmy cleanser every single night to remove my makeup without fail. It effectively removes it all while still keeps my skin soft and hydrated, which is a huge necessity with dry winter air. I'd highly recommend it!

Snowboarding! // After starting to learn this sport last month I've finally started to get a grasp on some basic skills and slowly started to improve. I'm definitely enjoying trying out a new sport and having something fun to do every weekend (we try to go once a week). If I live in a snowy locale, I might as well make the most of it, right? I do have proof that I am legit snowboarding lol:

Onto February! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.