Pink Party

Monday, January 25, 2016

As much as I love hanging out in sweatpants, it's always fun to get dressed to the nines and go for full-on fabulous once in a while! As I mentioned in my last post, the company I work for hosts it's annual holiday party in January. The Mr and I usually have a lot of fun with what we wear and this year was no exception. He wore a deep purple tux paired with a navy blue shirt with pink tiny polka dots and a blue plaid bow tie. I found a watermelon pink Kate Spade dress (that was on sale!) and a pair of black suede jeweled pumps from Nine West. I loved the whimsy of the pouf of the skirt and the bow on the back so much! I can't find it online, but there still some similar dresses here and here. (It also wrinkled like crazy and took for-ev-er to steam!) I finished it off with a pair of ear crawlers and lots of bracelets from Forever21, plus a velvet clutch from Target. Prepare yourself for some obligatory bathroom selfies, 'cuz I totally forgot to take any photos before we left. 

I aaaam sitting in pajama pants and a hoodie as I write this, so it's all about that balance...















































































































For my party makeup I thought it was the perfect opportunity to use the intense pink, Totally Fetch from the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette. I swept Urban Decay's Tonic all over the lid for a lilac base. To make the pink shadow pop as a liner, I used the Nyx lip pencil in Dolly Pink to make wing, then layered Totally Fetch over the top of it. I added the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper starting about mid-way down the wing to add a little more more darkness to the liner. I popped some of Urban Decay's Cosmic Eyeliner (similar) in the inner corners for a shimmery highlight. I loved how fun the pink liner turned out! Who knows when I'll have an excuse for hot pink winged liner again?!




Do you like to have fun with fashion and makeup when you go out or do you stick with a more classic look? I seriously love trying new and different looks that get me out of my comfort zone. It can all be so much fun if you want it to be! Hope you all had a great weekend! I worked Saturday morning and went snowboarding Saturday night. I'm (slowly) improving each time we go, but I'm definitely not a natural athlete, so it's a slow learn for me, but I'm sure I'll get better! 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.