The Hourglass powder trio has me hooked

Monday, December 14, 2015


I didn't need the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette, but I definitely wanted it. I'd heard the hype, read plenty of reviews, and gazed at it on the Sephora site, but I still didn't truly understand how a trio of powders could get everyone so psyched. Until I swatched it, of course. That pretty much sealed the deal for a purchase. 

The swatches alone were glorious. Intensely smooth, finely milled, and each serving a different purpose. The Hourglass powders when applied are supposed to mimic flattering lighting and make your skin appear more luminous. I've been using these every single day since I bought it and now I'm at the point where I can't imagine not owning them. Uh oh...

After applying my base products, I've been using Dim Light to set the concealer under my eyes and on my forehead and chin. Incandescent Light, since it's a brighter shade, looks best applied down the bridge of my nose and the tops of my cheekbones, if I'm not using any other highlight for the day. Radiant Light has an almost bronze tone to it, so I'll add a light dusting of that all over just to warm up my skin in a natural way. Since they're all such fine powders, they blend into your skin seamlessly and really do make you look like that glow is allll you! 

I really want to try out the Mood Exposure blush from Hourglass next. I don't have anything like it, and since I've been so pleased with the quality of these powders, I'm guessing I'll love the blushes too! 

Hope you all had a great weekend! The Mr and I walked around Canalside in Buffalo for a while on Saturday night before meeting some friends for dinner. It was all decorated for Christmas and the skating rink was open, so we got some coffee and watched the skaters and a group that was curling for a while. There were also a few little stores open, so I ended up finding a Christmas gift for my mom and a skirt for myself! One for you, one for me, right? :)

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.