September Favorites 2015

Thursday, October 1, 2015


I would say the typical "Where did this month go?", but I know the answer for me: work and sickness. Long hours followed by a cold did not make September an amazing month by any means. October is going to be excellent, though! (Two weddings, a trip to Las Vegas, and Halloween!) I did have good month beauty-wise, and I found some great new products to share with all of you!

Origins Drink Up // Having a cold is terrible, but the damage it does to the skin around your nose when you've had to blow it about 500 times in one day is even worse. At the end of that tissue-filled day, my nose was irritated and red, so I used the Drink Up mask on just that area for about 15 minutes before bed. I'm not even exaggerating, when I woke up it wasn't red at all and you wouldn't even know I was sick! 

NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown // I've mentioned in many posts that I'd heard the NYX brow pencil was a good dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz. Now that I've tried it, I can confidently say that it really is! Half the price and the same results makes this a shoe-in as a favorite this month! The shade selection in NYX is decent as well, with 8 shades to choose from. I'm somewhere between Chocolate and Ash Brown, but I think Ash Brown is a pretty good match for what I need for my brows.

Rimmel Lift Me Up Mascara // I've been switching it up from my beloved Maybelline Lash Sensational lately to the new Lift Me Up mascara from Rimmel. It's not quite as good in terms of length and volume, but it does a good job and is much easier to remove. It smells just like cucumbers, similar to the rest of the Wake Me Up range, and it has Argan oil in it to condition your lashes. My only complaint would be that the two larger ends of the waved brush are gigantic and I tend to get a little smudge of mascara on my lid no matter how hard I try not to every time I apply it.

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Orchid // Can you be in love with a color? 'Cuz I'm pretty sure I'm the heart-eyed emoji every time I apply this. I've worn this shade so much this month- it's ridiculous. This pretty color is a shimmery, cool-toned light purple with a bit of pink in it. The shade reminds me so much of the light purple shades I wore in my late-teens- I must be feeling nostalgic! If you have green eyes, this color will really enhance them, too! I can't rave enough about the formula of these shadow sticks. No primer needed and they can be worn more sheer or built up to a brighter color. I might go as far as to say I like them better than the By Terry Ombre Blackstars. (Eek!)

Laura Geller Eye Dew in Copper Penny // I have a full review of this shadow stick coming up next week, but for now I'll say that this was a surprising favorite! It was an unplanned purchase, but I've fallen in love with the versatility of the shade! Copper Penny is truly metallic shade, that I've been using in three different ways: a sheer wash of shimmer across the lid, built up to an intense copper shimmer, and as an inner corner highlight in an unexpected shade. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee // You might have noticed that Creme Brulee wasn't in my full review of the Revlon Lip Butters. Yes, I bought another one since then. #notashamed This shade shot to the top of my favorite colors and I've worn it almost every day. It looks like a brown-ish tan in the tube, but on the lips it transforms into a glossy nude your-lips-but-better shade and goes with any look you've created that day. I looooove it! I can't find the lip butters on the Revlon website anymore, so I'm wondering if they're discontinued?!? I hope not! Get 'em while you can, I guess!


What was your favorite product this month? A new purchase or a rediscovery of an old favorite? As I said earlier, I have two weddings this month and they're two weekends in a row- busy busy! My company is also send me and my work bff to training in Vegas at the end of the month. We're going down a day ahead of time to have some fun before training starts (read: shopping and eating). We're trying to pull together our list of restaurants to go to while we're there. Any suggestions are welcome!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.