Night out makeup 2 ways: Too Faced Chocolate Bar and Urban Decay Naked 3 Palettes

Monday, October 19, 2015


As I mentioned in a few recent posts, I went to two weddings recently, which were two weekends in a row. I went with a smoky eye for both looks, but I did them in two different ways, so I thought it would be a fun post to show you how I changed up the look for each wedding. Hopefully this can serve as inspiration if you're itching for a smoky eye look for an upcoming night out!

Wedding #1: Too Faced Chocolate Bar

I wore a black dress to both weddings, so the possibilities were endless. I wanted to go for a look that focused on the cherry shade in the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette (one of my favorite shades in the bunch!) I started by blending Salted Caramel through the crease following by Milk Chocolate in the same fashion. These are such great shades for building up a transition! I patted Cherry Cordial across the lid and under my eye and finished blending out the crease with Semi-Sweet. Adding a pop of Champagne Truffle to the inner corners finished up the eye look and gave my eyes a bit of brightness! I really like how deep and dark it turned out, but since the darkness is from a deep burgundy, it's not quite as harsh of pure black.

Wedding #2: Urban Decay Naked 3

For the second wedding I was craving a look more in the pink family with more of the intensity around the lashes, rather than all over the eye. Naturally, the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette was the clear choice for the night! I blended the light pink Limit and then a deeper pink, Nooner, throughout the crease to build up the transition. I added the gray shade Darkside on the lid and under the eyes to amp up the darkness and topped it all off with Blackheart near the lash line on the upper and lower lid. I love this shade, as the red glitter throughout it spices up the black shadow. A bit of Strange at the inner corner and the shadows are complete! (I used the tape trick to get a nice clean edge for this look, too!)

A bit of black liner on the waterline and mascara for both looks and it's complete! I'd love to know what type of makeup look you go for when you have a wedding to go to! Which look is your favorite of the two smoky eyes? Have a fantastic week everyone! Leaving for Las Vegas pretty soon and I'm so excited! I need to start planning out some outfits for the days and nights there - I'm looking forward to some warmer weather!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.