Copper Penny

Monday, October 12, 2015


A shadow stick that has multiple purposes and is a gorgeous color is a total win in my book. The Laura Geller Eye Dew Cream Shadow Crayon in Copper Penny is all that and more! While browsing in Ulta one afternoon, I swatched the shade Trick from the Urban Decay Cosmic eyeliner set. It was instant love for this rosy-copper liner, but I was not willing to spend $29 for five eyeliners when I only wanted one of the shades in the box. So what a girl to do? Find a dupe, of course! I stumbled upon the Laura Geller shadow crayon in Copper Penny and swatched side by side they were an almost perfect match! At $16 for the shadow crayon, it's not the best dupe ever, but since it can be used as both a liner and a shadow, I think it's a good value. 

The crayon's been great for multiple uses, so I've been getting some versatile wear out of it. I love it three different ways- quickly applied and blended with my finger for a light wash of color and sheen, heavily layered up and blended with a brush for an intense metallic eye, or just in the inner corner for an unexpected highlight shade. 
The formula is top-quality for a cream shadow. It doesn't crease without a primer and it feels creamy both when it's applied and hours later. The shadow's been made with Aloe extract and Vitamin E to condition your eyelids, as well. Although it has all of those moisturizing components to it, the shadow never makes your lids feel oily. Can we also talk about how on-trend it is that shade falls somewhere between copper and rose gold? That completely sucked me in and it would be flattering on so many skin tones!

I hope you all had a great weekend! I started watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix and watched more episodes in one weekend than I'm willing to admit. I've seen the whole series before (my mom and I used to watch it together when I was originally on air), but I still love re-watching it! I'd highly recommend it if you haven't seen it before!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.