Simple and chic nail art

Monday, September 21, 2015




I typically can't be bothered with any nail art. It never seems to turn out how I envisioned and I usually prefer the look of a single color. However, I was feeling inspired to shake it up the other day and tried out a simple, chic, and easy nail art design using only two colors. 

After the normal base coat, I applied two coats of a sheer pink polish, to make my nails look natural with a hint of shine and tint. I used the Sally Hansen Triple Shine polish in a sheer pink, Jell-ous, which isn't available anymore, but Essie's Pink Glove Service should give you the same effect.  After the sheer pink had dried a bit, I went in with a cool gray (Essie Chinchilly) and free-handed the triangle section in the same corner of each nail. If your hand isn't very steady you may need to use tape to keep the line even, but the Essie brush is a good firmness for helping to create a straight line.

So that's it! Really easy to create, but more unique than a one color mani. Are any of you going to try this out? If you do, upload a picture to Instagram and tag me (@_shelikestoshop) so I can check it out! I hope you all had a great weekend! I went to a bachelorette party on Saturday, which was such a blast! I caught up with some old friends that I haven't seen for years, and had some delicious drinks along the way while we stopped at different local breweries!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.