August Favorites 2015

Monday, September 7, 2015


August was a crazy month for me. A lot of long days at work, which left me exhausted on the weekends. As sad as I am that summer is almost over, I'm looking forward to work slowing down and all of the great things that autumn brings! Even though last month was hectic and exhausting, there were some great products to get me through it!

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown // One half of my holy grail brow team. I've loved this one so much that it's officially empty! This lovely pencil has the perfect little nib for filling out my light and sparse brows perfectly and naturally. Set it with your brow gel of choice, and you're good to go all day, without fading or smudging. I've heard NYX has a good dupe of this that I'd really like to check out. If you've tried it, please let me know what you thought!

Revlon Lip Butter in Cotton Candy // I have a whole review of these coming soon, but I think out of all of the shades I've tried, this one is my perfect match for every day. Cotton Candy is a sheer cool-toned pink with strong blue undertones. It's light enough to slap on sans mirror, but still has a hint of color that gives your lips the extra boost that standard balms don't have.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara // Aka the best mascara I've used in a long time. You can read my full review here, but I will say that I fully plan on re-purchasing this when it runs out. My lashes look ridiculously longer when I add a coat or two of this and the waterproof formula really does hold the curl, even if it's a giant pain to remove.

L'Oreal Magic Lumi Highlighting Concealer // All month long I've swapped out my typical concealers for this. Swiping the product under my eyes has added the perfect amount of both concealer and light to my sleep-deprived undereyes. I love the effect this gives, as it's not too heavy, but it gives a beautiful brightened glow to wherever it's applied. 

Satya Constellation Pendant (on sale!) // I picked up this pretty pendant in the Nordstrom anniversary sale back in July and have been wearing it non-stop. The gray face paired with the gold detailing are such a perfect color pairing in my opinion. The fact that it's your astrological sign (hello fellow Sagittarius ladies!) and your birthstone make it so much more personalized and unique. The chain is the perfect length and the style of the pendant goes with almost anything, from dresses to t-shirts. It's 50% off right now, too!

I hope you all had a great August! I'm looking forward to September and October, and autumn in general! I have a bachelorette party in September for one of my good friends from high school, so that should be a ton of fun. October will be bringing two weddings, a trip to Las Vegas with my work bff (more on that later!), and of course Halloween, my favorite holiday! Have a fantastic week everyone!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.