The contour powder I've been using daily

Thursday, August 6, 2015




I've heard beauty bloggers talk about the NYX HD Blush in Taupe as a contour shade for a while now, but I was on the fence, especially since it had been reformulated and repackaged. Holly from Bloomin Rouge featured it in her June favorites and reminded me again that I wanted to give it a whirl.

I have a hard time falling in love with powders for contouring. The only one I've used (and liked) in the past is Benefit's Hoola, so I really wanted to find a drugstore alternative. NYX's Taupe incredibly inexpensive at $6.50, which is such a bonus. I'm just going to say it- this blush has completely blown me away and hit on all of the things I look for in a powder contour. The powder is finely milled, so one swipe of your brush has enough to provide a subtle shadow, but it's also really easy to build up to a more noticeable contour. The color itself is a cool-toned brown with a subtle gray undertone, so basically a gorgeous contour shade. It's very long-wearing, as well- I can still notice it on my face at the end of the day after applying it in the morning.

So long story short, this has shot to the top of my list for contour powders! Have you ever tried NYX's blush in taupe? Let me know your favorite drugstore product for contouring!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.