Back on the Maybelline mascara train

Monday, August 10, 2015


Now I remember why I only bought Maybelline mascara for years! After being loyal to The Falsies, then The Rocket, I decided to shake it up and try some other brands' mascaras for a while. Not that they were bad by any means, they just weren't exactly what I look for to enhance my lashes. I picked up a tube of the Maybelline Lash Sensational after hearing that it was one of the best drugstore mascaras to come out in a while. After one use, it all came back to me and I've completely reignited my love for Maybelline mascaras. 

I went for the waterproof version, since my lashes can't hold a curl to save their life. When they say waterproof, man do they mean it. Only tough makeup remover can get this stuff off at the end of the day (I've been using Lush's Ultrabland), so it definitely is a long lasting formula. I really put it to the test this weekend - the Mr and I went out on the motorcycle for a while and even with the wind in my eyes and them watering like crazy, this stuff didn't budge!

It's a wetter formula and quite a bit comes out of the tube onto the brush, so I've found it best to wipe the excess off on the opening of the tube before applying. One coats gives me good definition and coats all of my lashes nicely, but it can also be built up with multiple coats easily. If multiple coats are added, you'll need to work a little faster than normal, since this formula seems to dry more quickly than the average mascara. 

The plastic brush might be my favorite feature of this mascara. It somehow seems to snugly grab each lash right at the root and hug them to coat each one all the way to the tip. I love that feeling during application- so satisfying! The slight bend of the wand also nicely fits along my lashes without getting mascara all over my lid, too. (We all know how much I hate that!)

Let me know if you've tried Lash Sensational and what you thought of it! It's safe to say I'm back on the Maybelline mascara train with this one. I hope you all had a great weekend! The Mr and I popped over to an annual art festival on Saturday and picked up a few small pieces for the house. The weather was perfect for walking around there, too - not too hot like it always seems to be. I went to a bridal shower on Sunday for one of my best friends from high school and caught up with a few other old friends when I was there, too! Looking forward to the bachelorette party and wedding!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.