The duochrome shadow that has my attention

Friday, July 10, 2015


Confession: As much as I love Urban Decay Naked palettes, I've never given their single shadows a glance. I don't know why, but they haven't caught my eye and I've always breezed right by them. Until now, that is. I was browsing through Ulta the other day and after swatching a ton of eyeliners, I happened to take a peek at the single shadows. Most looked pretty standard (read: I already have something similar)- brown, taupe, cream- nothing too exciting. A unique little duochrome color caught my eye and I snagged the last one on the shelf (woohoo!).
The duochrome tones of the shade Tonic really pulled me in, and they definitely deliver when applied. The primary color is a soft lilac-lavender with a bright turquoise as the secondary tone which really picks up when the light hits it. I have to admit, as vibrant as it looks in the pan, it's a lot more sheer when applied than I was expecting. The color is still pretty, don't get me wrong, but it's not as vivid as I wanted it to be. 

Applied solo on the lid, it's great for an light wash of color that's perfect for a slightly more colorful, yet still minimal makeup day. It didn't crease on me, even without primer, so the quality of the shadow is on par with what I've come to expect from Urban Decay. If a bit more pop is what you're looking for, I've found that layering it on top of a gray or purple shadow makes the lilac of the shadow stand out more. It's like a wallflower on it's own and a the life of the party on top of other shadows. So depending on what you're looking for, it can really transform! There's another duochrome shade that I might try out next (Lounge)- this one's a deep green with crimson through it- drool-worthy.
Have a great weekend everyone! I'm trying to savor the last few days of my week off of work. How much can a person cram into a couple of days?... Let's be honest, I'll probably just end up sleeping in a bit Saturday and Sunday, going kayaking if it doesn't rain, and watching YouTube and Netflix. But who knows- no plans going into a weekend can lead to just about anything!

27 comments

  1. no judgement here on the Netflix binge :) that eye shadow looks great on you girl, really brings out your hazel eyes.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very pretty! I absolutely love duochrome eyeshadows! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just sucks you in and hours have passed before you even know it! They're actually green but I've been told before that they look hazel and sometimes even blue haha! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have anything like it! I love how it can look different depending on how you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty shade, sth I would love too! <3
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous! x


    www.jordanalice.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I'm such a sucker for a good lilac!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful look!

    Have a nice week end!

    Photographer Gil Zetbase

    http://www.gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shade. You look stunning.

    Jenn | jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is actually beautiful on, and don't worry, no ever judges a Netflix binge!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the duo chrome!! so fab!! :D

    Have a great week!

    Back to blogging at Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! Oh yes...I was definitely sucked in on Sunday night. 4 or 5 episodes later.... haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lounge looks soooo cool! I think Tonic would look fab over a navy cream shadow!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow you look great

    http://carrieslifestyle.wordpress.com
    Posts online about Hawaii, Buenos Aires, Vienna...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you make up is so pretty<3 thanks for sharing Love the purple hint<3 Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woah, Tonic is such a beautiful colour on you! I love I love the shimmery lilac colour! It's perfect! <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  17. SUCH a pretty color! I always pay attention to the UD palettes and not so much the singles- looks like I need to! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! It's a such a pretty shade of lilac!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Same here! I'll be checking them out more often now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sometimes the make up matters the most, but other times you just feel comfy and beautiful wearing a special dress. I have discovered many amazing dresses surfing on the website of Talis, l'atelier creatif. What do u think about this:

    http://talis.ro/evening/caroline-dress/

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh that colour is so beautiful, never really go for purple eye shadow but I might take a look at this one

    http://www.olivianash.eu/

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's so pretty! Not too overpoweringly purple either.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.