Laura Geller blush-n-brighten: the collection grows

Monday, July 6, 2015

Yep, I know. How much can a girl talk about one line of blush? I'm apologizing in advance, 'cuz it's about to get gushy here. Since I now have 5 of the Laura Geller Blush-n-Brightens I thought it would be the perfect time to do a little round-up of my thoughts on the shades in my collection. Overall they're long lasting, highly pigmented, and give the cheeks a bit of sheen. All of the shades make your cheeks look like "natural you with a boost". They each give off a gorgeous healthy glow and are really flattering.

Boysenberry // the pink one
One of the newest in my collection, Boysenberry is the most pink and least shimmery of the bunch. It's considered a matte on their website, but when applied, it still has a bit of an understated glow. The peachy-pink tone is a good one if you're looking for a girly and bright cheek. Admittedly I reach for this one the least out of the group, but I still give it a thumbs-up.

Tropic Hues // the one that goes with everything
Where to begin...Tropic Hues is the faintest, but most used one of them all. The shade is shimmery yet sheer and gives the cheeks a light wash of color and glow. It's probably reached for most often because it goes with any makeup look since it's so neutral, but it still gives a light flush of color to the face.

Pink Grapefruit // the one that looks good on everyone
I won't hammer on too much about this, since I've already done a full review (here). Pink Grapefruit is that blush shade that I use when I'm looking for a boost. I love the mauve mixed with the shimmery pink and the glowy-warmth that it gives to my face. The color is more of a medium tone, so it would be really beautiful on many different skin tones. 

Golden Apricot // the one for the peach blush lover
Out of all the shades I have, Golden Apricot just screams summer to me, The peach-heavy color, sprinkled with a hint of gold is perfect if you're looking for that golden goddess look. (Who isn't?) It has just enough pink laced in it to make it nicely balanced, too, so it's not overpoweringly peach.

Sunswept // the one to give you a slight tan
The color that Sunswept gives to your cheeks is a unique one in my blush collection. It's almost a hybrid of a blush and bronzer. This one also has a balanced combination of peach and pink, but it's the level of bronze throughout it that makes it stand out. I swear, every time I wear this and look in the mirror I instantly notice that I look more tan than I normally do. The only downside is that if you're more pale you'll definitely have to add some bronzer around your face to make look more even and natural. 


Have you ever tried the Laura Geller blushes before? If you've tried Roseberry or Pink Buttercream, let me know you're thoughts and if I need to pick them up to round out the collection!

I hope you all had a great weekend! For the 4th of July we didn't do anything special. The Mr and I watched fireworks on Thursday night, so on Saturday we did a little shopping (of course!) and had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. On Sunday we went kayaking, which I'm sure my arms will be thanking me for all week. I think we're going to go out again on Monday, but to a different creek. We thankfully live in an area that's full of places to go boating, jet skiiing, kayaking, canoeing - you name it- so it's about time we got around to picking up some kayaks. It was actually really fun, but definitely a workout- especially for someone as out of shape as me. I'm on vacation all week and I'm really looking forward to relaxing a bit. Have a great week everyone!

34 comments

  1. Danielle BeautyblogJuly 6, 2015 at 12:19 PM

    Ooh these look lovely! I have a Laura Geller Baked Colour True Blush in the shade Catalina and I really like it!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh these are so gorgeous! I don't even know which one I want as they're all amazing! I definitely need to get myself at least one! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. You won't be disappointed! If you were to get just one, I'd go for Pink Grapefruit. It's definitely my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blushers are so pretty :) Must try them :)


    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're fantastic! You wouldn't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow they are beautiful colours, I wouldn't know which to pick first'

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're all great colors- not a bad choice in the bunch! Pink Grapefruit is definitely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome palet color <3



    have an amazing day :)
    keep in touch :)
    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Boysenberry and Tropic Hues- LOVE! Need Pink Grapefruit and Golden Apricot, for sure. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pink Grapefruit looks unbelievable! Great post x

    Claire | www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours look lovely and they seem very pigmented. I have something similar from Makeup Revolution, looks exactly like Boysenberry.

    http://www.beautynerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're all so good- pink grapefruit is a must! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hands down my favorite shade!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're fantastic! I do love a good dupe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous blushes!! :D

    Have a great day!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all these shades, I want to buy all of them.

    Jenn | jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks! Keep an eye out for sales! I picked up 2 of them when there was a 50% off sale on these blushes on their site not too long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have got to try these blushes, they sound amazing! I feel like I always pass Laura Geller's range when I go to Ulta, but have never tried any of her products. Definitely checking out the shade Golden Apricot, it sounds so pretty for summer!

    xoxo Nicole

    http://www.brazenbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I never paid much attention to it either until I got the sample size of pink grapefruit in my Birchbox. I was pretty much crazy about them after that! Now I always give that section a peek when I go to Ulta!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woah, awesome collection. So many blushes - and they look so pretty too! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks! They're excellent- I'd highly recommend checking them out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm not sure where to find Laura Geller in Canada but I loveeee baked blush, one of my favourite blushes ever is MAC's Warm Soul.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'll have to check that one out! I don't think the LG site or QVC ships to Canada, but Nordstrom might! If you're ever in the US, they sell these blushes in Ulta, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look fabulous! How much are they each?

    Lizzy | by Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete
  25. $27.50 each, but about a month ago they had a sale on their website and they were 50% off, so I was able to snag a couple for less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. they sound amazing love the review thanks for sharing. Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. what gorgeous colors! im totally loving the pink grapefruit and the sunswept shade! going to check this out :)



    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooh they'll be on my wishlist for sure :) Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks! Hope you like them!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. lovely eyeshadows!

    check out my blog + follow back?

    xo,

    Jess | wildvagabondss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.