The jewelry dish that isn't even a jewelry dish

Monday, June 8, 2015

There's nothing better than re-imagining your decor. I was browsing on the West Elm site a couple of weeks ago and saw this adorable golden hedgehog planter, promptly ordered it, and started to think about what kind of succulent to plant in it. Once it arrived, I was still undecided, but left it on my dresser in the meantime. It suddenly seemed so obvious what I should use it for instead- a ring dish! All of the rings I've accumulated over the past year were splayed all over the dresser in an complete mess and this little metallic animal was beckoning to hold them all. It's the perfect size for all of the rings that I currently wear, plus room for more!

What do you all think, do you ever re-purpose something that you've bought with completely different intentions? If gold isn't your thing, this tiny hedgehog also comes in gray, plus they make an even smaller one that's a little brown mouse! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

26 comments

  1. I love that! I use a little vintage plate to store my rings and such.

    Jenn | jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That sounds great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the cutest thing I've seen in a long time!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Isn't it just so cute?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks! I love how cute this little guy is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable! I collect rings, and I've got a two-tiered ceramic dish to hold them all-it's quite the challenge! I adore this little hedgehog :) Great post!

    xo Kiki

    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! I've been doing a lot of repurposing lately since I'm in the middle of moving x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute- I love it as a ring holder over a planter. Great idea!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Kiki! I love the look of two-dishes dishes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet! It probably gives you a whole new perspective on all of your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! The plant probably wouldn't have survived anyway lol...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute <3
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute. xx

    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do exactly the same; I bought a couple of ash-trays (I don't smoke) from Zara and use them to store my rings and bracelets. That hedgehog is so cute!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty



    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute!


    www.zekalin.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cute feature! My jewellery storage is my bedside table.. oops.

    Jessica Grace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks! Nice and convenient haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so lovely! Love the color and shape: supercute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks! I just had to get it! It was too cute not to!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.