Running Late Makeup

Thursday, June 4, 2015

We've all been there. The alarm goes off and you'd give up anything to get another 10 (or 20!) minutes of sleep hitting snooze in the morning. I do this more often than I'd like to admit, but as a result I feel like I've found a quick and easy makeup routine that I use when I'm running short on time.  Hopefully some of you other non-morning people can use this in your a.m. routine to get out the door faster!
This makeup team takes me about 10 minutes to do. It's easy and takes me from zombie to human, if you know what I mean. I'll start off with a generous amount of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, and anywhere else that needs a bit of coverage. I blend it all in with the the Real Techniques setting brush and set it with Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder in Transparent with the same brush. (Double duty brushes are great when you're short on time!)

Next up, it's time to add some color and life to my cheeks with a pop of blush. I like to use a blush that has a bit of sheen, since it gives a little dimension, without needing to add highlighter (time-saver!) I went for one of my faves, Laura Geller's Blush 'n' Brighten in Tropic Hues, to give me a light wash of color and glow. 

Last but not least, eyes! If I were to do only one thing before leaving it would be my brows. I honestly think it makes such an impact to your face and makes you look instantly more "done". My tried-and-true fave combo is the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown and the Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium. I've been loving the look of Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige all over the lid, since it gives a light, natural wash of color. Plus it applies like a dream with just your fingertip! (Trust me on this, for some reason it's really annoying applying it with a brush, but it blends easily when applied with a fingertip.) Nars Laguna Bronzer blended through the crease is the curve ball of this look- unconventional use for this product, but it just works. I saw Tanya Burr use it in a tutorial a while back, so I gave it a go, and now I'm seriously in love with how good it looks in the crease as a subtle definer. Lastly I slap on a bit of L'Oreal Miss Manga Black Angel mascara and I'm done! No lip color when I'm running late, 'cuz I know I'll be slamming down some coffee as soon as I get to the office, of course!

What are your go-to makeup products to get you out the door as fast as possible in the morning? Do any of you hit that snooze button as often as I do?

33 comments

  1. Maybelline Color Tattoos all the way when rushing in the morning! A real life saver! x
    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. My quick and rushed makeup is a lot simpler then this lol. I powder, add blush and mascara and maybe comb my brows.

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! So easy easy to slap on in a rush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is about as minimal as I can go, unless I skip shadow sometimes haha. My brows definitely need some oomph, since they're more fair and spare. So blessed with those lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the make-up look, it suits you really well!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so much good stuff about that concealer!

    I tend to forgo my extensive base routine if I'm running late - I just switch out everything for tinted moist. and concealer!

    Georgina

    foxonthehunt.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this concealer! I'll definitely repurchase it when it runs out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look super cute, perfect when you have no time but still want to look cute! I think if I'm running super late, I would just bring concealer, brows and mascara and do it in the car! Hahaha! <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Yes, those would definitely be my three if I only had a couple of minutes, but I could never do it in the car- I'm not that skilled! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blush is sooo pretty !!! x

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this look! I use concealer, mascara, some powder & I do my eyebrows when I'm late. Three minutes are enough for that XD
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in Creamy Beige too, it's so perfect when you're in a rush! I'm a big fan of Gimme Brow too, it does such a great job in taming my brows! If I'm trying to get out of the door fast, I'll use bareMinerals Foundation as it's so easy & quick to apply. Great post x


    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally with you on that! If I only had a couple minutes max I'd do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much Emily! That shadow has really won me over with how quick it is to apply!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My daughter is my alarm clock, and I havent found her snooze button yet.

    LindaLibraLoca:
    Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha I bet you never oversleep though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really pretty make up! xo

    SHEWOREWHAT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww this is helpful, I need this routine especially when I am rushing for school in the morning. x


    www.birdieliau.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. you look so lovely!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a USA beauty giveaway inc lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! I use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder every day and it's the best! This is such a great post for us people who'd rather sleep in than do our makeup some days haha.

    xo Kiki

    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I try to be really good about waking up on time! I hate rushing in the morning, and I hate the thought of waking up just for class/work even more. So I like to give myself at least an hour and a half to get ready. Whenever I don't have the time to do makeup, I usually just don't haha. I like to lightly fill in my eyebrows though, I feel like that makes the biggest difference!

    becky | star violet

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the color of your eye shadow/s!!! so pretty! :D


    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks! I've been using it so much lately!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brows can definitely make a huge difference! I've gotten so bad lately about oversleeping- it's such a bad habit!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this post as the Colour Tattoos are what I reach for when I'm in a rush and Creamy Beige is such a great everyday shade :) I love the Maybelline Concealer too as it hardly needs any work at all! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  26. I totally agree! I've fallen in love with Creamy Beige!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.