My favorite highlighter for...

Monday, June 22, 2015

The right highlighter can work wonders. Catching the light in just the right way, it can make your skin look as if it's lit from within. Who doesn't want that- right? There's so many different ones out there, all with various promises, finishes, and results. I thought I'd share with you my four favorites, all of which I use for distinct purposes.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal // I picked this up in a travel size trio around the holidays to give it a try. The Shimmering Skin Perfectors are such a hyped product that I had to see what all the fuss was about. The formula of this highlighter is unlike anything I've used before. It's quite thick, without being goopy or heavy, but somehow blends into your skin and catches the light beautifully and naturally. The shimmer throughout it is almost undetectable, but the instant luminosity it gives to your skin once blended is unbelievable. I use this in a C-shape from my lower temple to the top of my cheekbone, but I have a feeling that if it were mixed with a tinted moisturizer it could be a winning combo for summer. I'll have to try it out and report back! 

Benefit Watt's Up! // Another classic highlighter, Watt's Up!, was one the first ones I ever purchased, several years ago, so it's definitely near and dear to my heart! A beautiful champagne-toned cream formula in an easy to apply stick, this one is a go-to for me when I need my glow to last, especially for a night out. I love to apply this one full-on across the cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose, and sometimes to the cupids bow. It so easy to blend in and while not exactly "natural-looking" it definitely gives off a gorgeous JLo worthy glow. 

thebalm Mary Lou-Manizer // Oh boy, what can I say about Mary-Lou?! This cult classic completely lives up to the hype. A little of this honey-toned powder goes a long way. One quick sweep of your brush in this number and you can add that sought after sheen to your face in a second. It's extremely easy to apply and looks lovely across the cheekbones, as well as the brow bone. I prefer to use a light amount of this during the daytime and amp it up with an added sweep of shimmer for night.

Urban Decay Naked Palette - Virgin //  The iconic Naked palette and it's endless uses never cease to amaze me. I'm constantly trying new combos and discovering new looks from these twelve shadows. All month I've been using the shade Virgin as my inner corner highlight and loving the result. It adds a nice brightening effect that completes any eye look perfectly and it last all day with needing a top-up.


Let me know what your favorite highlighters are- I'd love to know what you reach for on a daily basis!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I pretty much just relaxed this weekend. I was feeling tired since I had an unusually busy week last week - a concert on Wednesday night with some co-workers and the Mr, then and another concert on Thursday in the city that the Mr and I went to (food trucks and free concert = yes please). Our 5 year anniversary was on Friday, so we went out to dinner on Saturday night at one of our favorite little Italian restaurants to celebrate. A little cheers to 5 years of marriage over some spaghetti parm and fettuccine alfredo. Delish! 

30 comments

  1. I really really need to get my hands on The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer, it's been on my wishlist for ages :) it looks absolutely stunning! Great post. x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty- I love that one! Thanks Alexandra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just picked up my first highlighter and I'm over the moon happy I did! It works wonders! Will have to try some of those you mentioned. And I love to use my lighter shades of shadows as highlighters.

    Brigita
    http://www.lostinpattern.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how a good highlighter can really amp up your look! Which one did you buy recently?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Opal!!!! Need :)))

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice post:))
    xoxo
    Antonella
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so pretty- you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. theblackblush blogJune 23, 2015 at 6:32 PM

    I love the Mary Lou-Manizer! Such a pretty shade!
    xx


    www.theblackblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it great?! It's a staple in my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the highlighters are so beautiful! I think I would like to try Whats Up! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard such amazing things about the Mary Lou-Manizer - I want it so badly now after reading this! Those swatches are so gorgeous.. xx

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely agree the Mary Loumanizer is a nighttime shade for me too - it's beautiful but quite full-on! I'm dying to try the Becca highlighter in Opal! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been looking for a good highlighter, there's so many out there that are good for different things, so I'm so glad you share this!

    XO,

    Meagan

    Hearts of Gold Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use to own Watt's Up and I loved it! :D

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. A little definitely goes a long way with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks! There so many options I guess you just have to know what you're looking for in a highlighter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That one's my favorite! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos and I
    love love love your style of writing! Keep it up!

    Chanel
    Lipstick 99 “Pirate” Swatches and Review

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, that means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely LOVE Becca's Opal! Live for this stuff. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't believe I haven't tried Mary Lou-Manizer yet! I've been meaning to for ages :) These all sound lovely! I'm a big fan of High Beam by Benefit or when I don't feel like a separate highlighter the Hourglass blushes do a great job of highlighting while adding a bit of colour xx

    Marielle
    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's so subtley pretty, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never tried High Beam, but it always looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Right? I just ran in the drugstore and picked up the first one I saw - Essence highlighter. And I couldn't believe how cheap it was! Now I'm keen in investing one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope it's a good one! Haven't tried that one before. There's so many good highlighters out there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Personally I love Becca's Moonstone highlighter! I swatched Opal in store but it was a tad too golden/dark for me. I bought mine 2 months ago and already hit pan haha. Happy anniversary to you and your hubby!

    becky | star violet

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like all of the Becca highlighters- there's something for everyone and they're so pretty! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.