My favorite eyeliner for...

Thursday, June 25, 2015

I'm continuing with the my 'favorite products by category' series and moving on to eyeliner! I don't rock eyeliner on daily basis just out of sheer laziness, but when I do, these are my top picks! Each has a specific purpose based on the look I'm going for, but all are trusted members of the makeup team.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper // The one for the wing
This gem is the newest member of the group, but has quickly shot to the top. I'm sure you've all heard of this one and with good reason. It's what I was always looking for in a liner to create a nice deep black wing that won't budge or transfer throughout the day. The tip is made up of tons of tiny bristles that come together into a fine point, making it a breeze to apply, too. That Kat Von D really knows what she's doing...

NYX Slide on Pencil in Jet Black // The one for the waterline
Affordable and long lasting, what's not to love? I don't even know how many black liners I tried in my waterline that disappeared, smudged, and just plain didn't work out before I discovered this one. The formula is a somewhere in the middle of a soft and hard pencil, making it the perfect consistency for not irritating your eyes on application, while still wearing for hours without fading.

Jane Cosmetics Eye Liner in Midnight Blue // The one for a hint of color
Sometimes you need to break out of the black and brown liner rut and shake it up. When I'm craving a color that's unexpected, but still wearable, I love this navy blue shade from Jane since really enhances your eyes, no matter what color they are. I especially like the way is looks when it's smudged along the lash line imperfectly making it a little smokey.

My most used liner for the past few months is Roach, hands down. The color is somewhere between a neutral brown and a slightly shimmery bronzey-copper. It's natural enough to wear daily to beef up the lash line, but also has that something special taking it one step above a typical brown. It's especially nice along the lower lash line for a bit of definition, too. I'll definitely repurchase this one when I run out.

Of course no liner list is complete with out one to brighten up your eyes when you need a little awakening boost. I prefer nude liner over white for this, since it's not quite as harsh. The formula of Rimmel's nude really takes the cake, though. It's that creamy, dreamy, glide on goodness, while still being one of the best waterproof liners I've found. (Trust me- it took an oil based makeup remover to completely remove this swatch!)


Let me know which eye liner you can't live without and why you love it! Favorite bronzers will be up next in this series!

22 comments

  1. I love the Kat Von D liner, I'm dreading it running out as we can't get it in the UK! So many people love those Urban Decay liners, I really need to try them xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of the Kat Von D liner. I use the Maybelline felt tip eyeliner, the tip is great and it comes out really smoothly until it runs out. I've tried loads of other felt ones (including Mac) but always go back to the Maybelline one. I also use it for nail art sometimes.

    http://xhannahsaidso.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get the Rimmel pencil i Nude! I have one of these in bronze shade and use it instead of black/liquid liner - it's really easy to work with, stays all day and looks perfect the whole time ;)
    If you'd like you could check out my new blog http://aaarabesque.blogspot.com - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always looking for a good felt tip liner- thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really impressed by the Rimmel liners. You can't go wrong with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that nude liner, it definitely looks more natural than a white one (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sooooo bad with the KVD liner, haha. I'm not used to using a pen/brush tip like that, so it's really easy to mess up. I bought it for the convenience for traveling, and I wish I were better at using it. I had a Rimmel Scandaleyes pencil in nude, though I gave it away to my sister since I was fairly newish to makeup at the time and didn't think it made a difference for the waterline haha. Personally I love my Motives Little Black Dress Liner with Inglot's Duraline, I like my gel liners to be a bit on the wet side. Duraline helps with that, plus it makes the liner suuuper waterproof. Like, so waterproof that I still have some left on my hand after vigorous scrubbing with soap.

    becky | star violet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely and it's such good quality yet so affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved gel liner a few years ago but I can't seem to wear it anymore. It always smudges and transfer on me throughout the day so I try to avoid it now. You definitely have to get a hang of the KVD liner- I always end up doing a little touch up to perfect it once I've applied it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what would a girl do without a good eyeliner few of my favorites!

    http://artadorned.com/

    I blog about jewelry and how to style jewelry with outfits, tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always good to have a few lying around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really want to try the kat von d, i hear such good things

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard so many good things about the Kat Von D liner, I really want to try it!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  14. It has such good staying power and I love the brush tip applicator!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's definitely a good one- a really nice deep black color and sets really well once it dries.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a staple in the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the sound of the Kat Von D liner but it's not available over here in the UK which is a shame! I've been wanting to try the Urban Decay liners, they sound amazing! x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh this is a great post! I love how descriptive you were for each eye liner. I just use one eye liner right now, also the Revlon ScandalEyes and I love it!

    Jessica
    Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  19. You might be able to get it through Sephora and get it shipped! UD liners are so good- highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Jessica! I love the Sandal Eyes formula- it's so good and so affordable!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.