On Cloud Nine

Monday, May 11, 2015

White nails are such a simple, yet chic way to welcome spring. It's not as girly as pastels, but still gives off a completely feminine vibe. I found the Sephora Formula X nail polish in Cloud Nine the other day and decided to give it a try. I've never used the Formula X polishes before (shocking, I know), but I've always heard good things about the range, so I was definitely looking forward to trying it out! Cloud Nine is part of the Translucent range, which is made up of white and pink shades that give a sheer wash of color. They're all neutral shades perfect for any occasion, so you really can't go wrong.

Although it's supposed to be on the sheer side, I found with two coats it was still a bit streaky, so I has to use three to get it to look nice and smooth. It's still a little sheer after three, which I think gives it a little dimension, so it's not just a flat white. This color will look fabulous paired with a tan, too! Overall, I'm impressed by both the formula and application of the Formula X polish and I'm looking forward to trying some other shades in the collection. If you have any favorites, I'd love your recommendations!

Last week the Mr and I went to a Seether concert - I'm a huge fan and this was our third time seeing them in about 3 years. I'm never disappointed after seeing their shows- they're so good live! This weekend for Mother's Day I took my mom out to lunch and we bought her a white Gardenia plant. She has quite the green thumb and loves flowers, so we thought it would be perfect. The weather here was so hot this weekend, you'd think it was the middle of summer already! The shorts came out and my legs saw sunlight for the first time in many months. (It was a very pale sight for all - eek!) I hope you all had a great weekend! 

36 comments

  1. Oh I love white nails! Thanks for the review!

    Gina
    Pink Wings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate having to do 3 coats of nail polish. For some reason, a lot of my faves need 3 coats to be opaque.

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd definitely on board with white nails this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 coats is definitely the worst, but I guess since this one is described as "translucent" I shouldn't be surprised haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Have a nice week sweetie!

    If you want to follow each other, please follow me on GFC or Bloglovin and I'll do the same ;)

    I invite you to join my worldwide giveaways: Jexshop 10$ gift card & Polka dots dress

    ReplyDelete
  6. At Wednesdays I Wear PinkMay 11, 2015 at 5:10 PM

    Love that nail polish !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely digging a white manicure lately- so fresh!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too! And it goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love white nails but it's not something I've done this year as I don't have a good white polish, will definitely have a look into this one! Thanks for the review x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful . xx

    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm all about white nail polish right now, also love to put some glittery top coat on them (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is the first one I've ever bought! (Aside from all of those DIY french manis in my teens haha)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh yes! I could totally picture a bit of black or white glitter mixed into this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love white nails for spring (and winter too)! Shockingly, I can't remember the last time I wore nail polish..! I should get myself to a nail salon stat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually really like the sheerness of it, I love white nails!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely good for all seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks! It kind of reminds me of spilled milk...in a good way haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the sort of white polish I need. I've always tried to use an opaque white which made me look like I had painted them with Tippex haha. Now I know where I've been going wrong! xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha I definitely know what you're talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the white, it's so classic and perfect for pretty much everything!

    XO,
    Meagan
    BLOGLOVIN'

    Hearts of Gold Blog

    Instagram @heartsofgoldblog

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a gorgeous colour! I need to try the Sephora polishes.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks! I love how it's not too opaque!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great shade for Spring! I'm dying to try Formula X :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks! It's pretty good but I still prefer Essie!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.