Night Out- makeup and what's in my bag

Thursday, May 7, 2015

I went out for a fundraising dinner last week to support a local food pantry with some co-workers, so I thought I'd share with you the makeup look I went for and what I took in my clutch! I wore a simple black peplum dress, so I wanted a pop of color with my makeup. I'm not much of a bold lip gal, but I figured I'd just go for it with a bright orange-red lipstick paired with a simple winged liner. I'm completely in love with both the color, In Love With Ginger, and the formula of this Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick. It's very hydrating, easy to apply, and lasts for hours- even through dinner and drinks! For a drugstore lipstick, I was impressed.
Eyes - Pur Minerals Eyeliner Pen, Tarte Lights Camera, Lashes Mascara
When I'm packing up an evening clutch, I want to be pretty minimal, but still have what I might need throughout the night. It was still pretty sunny when I left my house, so I grabbed my RayBan wayfarers on my way out. Car keys, house key, and my ID are always needed, but I also like to have both a credit card and some cash with me at all times.  A mini rollerball perfume is easy to throw in, just in case I need a scent savior- I took the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black (my fave). I also like to include a small lotion, just in case there are any dry spots that pop up on my arms and legs, 'cuz that's never cute. I opted for the Tocca Cleopatra cream, since I love the grapefruit scent, and the name is just too fabulous! Of course no clutch would be complete without the lip color of the night and a balm, in case my lips start to feel dry. I always carry the Vaseline mini tub with me wherever I go. For those wondering, the peach basket-weave clutch is by Shiraleah and I found it at TJ Maxx last summer.

What are your essentials for a night out?

24 comments

  1. Gotta love those Ray-Bans! :) And rollerball perfumes are suuuuper handy for on-to-go!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Ray Bans- definitely my sunglasses brand of choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look! I'm so interested in the Tocca cream, I love citrus-scented creams! ❤
    munchies&musings

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd definitely like this one! It smells so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an amazing blog! xoxo
    Blog: adonadasushi.blogspot.pt
    FB Page: facebook.com/blogdadonadasushi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shade of your lipstick! Your clutch looks so pretty x

    Jana // Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the mini vaseline!! the roller perfume is a must have for me too!! :D

    Have a great weekend!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are definitely two things I use daily!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really cute, love the lip color!


    avecdanielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it last for hours it's good enough for me! X

    Glam night look over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely! Especially for a drugstore lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That color looks great on you! <3

    Gina

    Pink Wings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely out of my comfort zone! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the subtle cat eye on you! I don't go out much at night, but if I did I'd probably include a lip balm cause I'd go crazy without one.

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi dear, you have such a lovely blog and great post, did we follow each other already? If not, would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and INSTAGRAM? if you decided to follow me, PLEASE let me know so I can follow you back.

    My Blog: http://lovjoice.blogspot.com/

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/love-joice-3831938

    https://instagram.com/l0vej0ice/



    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I 100% need balm with me at all times!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of my links are on the top right of my main page if you'd like to follow! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.