Copper Eyes

Monday, May 18, 2015

Copper shadow and green eyes are BFFs in my book. Of course it looks great on all eye colors, really, but I especially love how it pops against green. I went for this look for an afternoon baby shower this weekend and was really happy with how it turned out, so I thought I'd share with you what I did in a little FOTD.
Base:
I used the Maybelline Master Prime on my cheeks, undereyes, and forehead to both smooth out the look of my skin and extend the life of my blush (which always seems to disappear first). Next up, to add a little illumination to my cheeks and the bridge of my nose I used the Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Pearl. This has the smallest amount of shimmer throughout the tinted moisturizer to add a lovely glow to your face without actually looking like a disco ball. I've really been enjoying using the NYX HD concealer blended in with a damp sponge and set it with the cult fave Rimmel Stay Matte powder in transparent.

Brows:
The standard combo of the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown and the Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium. If it ain't broke don't fix it...

Cheeks:
I added a bit of Nars Laguna Bronzer to the hollows of my cheeks and my temples for a little warmth. You all know about my love for the Laura Geller blush in Pink Grapefruit, so of course I popped that onto my cheeks and topped of everything with a bit of Mary-Lou Manizer from theBalm, because it's just so pretty!

Lips:
Nada- just a bit of Vaseline!

Eyes:
Onto my fave part of this whole look- the eyes! I used the e.l.f. eye primer in sheer to get my lids ready for shadow. The Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics palette has proved to be so much more useful than I ever thought it would be. I used Stark, the nude pink as a quick wash of neutral shadow from lash line to brow, and then Frisk, the taupe-gray as a transition shade in the crease. For the star of the show, I used my favorite coppery shadow, Garnet, from the Lorac Pro palette all over the lid, building it up and blending out the edges until I was happy with the color intensity. I took Black from the same palette as a soft and slightly smoky liner along the top and bottom lash lines for some definition, then added the NYX Slide on Pencil in Jet Black in the upper and lower waterlines to intensify it a bit more. I typically only bring the liner on the lower lash line about two-thirds of the way in so my eyes look more open and not too closed-off. Adding Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes on the top lashes and Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara on the bottom finished it off. 
What's your go-to color for enhancing your eye color? Let me know in the comments! Hope you all had a great weekend!

26 comments

  1. such pretty makeup inspiration!! Your eyes are gorgeous!

    Mara
    M Loves M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look - need the Lorac Pro Palette in my life, I think...xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Mara! I love it when one color can inspire a whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've definitely rediscovered and fallen back in love with this concealer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such good quality and has a great color range in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a gorgeous makeup look!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win some amazing USA beauty goodies from lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Jouer moisture tint and the highlighter by TheBalm have been in my wishlist for so long! You look beautiful :)

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning, and I love cooper tones!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much! I really like both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been my favorite shade to reach for when I'm not doing a neutral look lately!

    ReplyDelete
  11. natural looking and pretty! :D

    Have a great week!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the makeup look! It looks great with your eyes! I like to use cooper, gold eyeshadow too but because I feel it looks good against my darker skin tone, lol! Great post! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think metallics are so beautiful on so many skin tones and eye colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always base my makeup looks off the persons eyes to make them stand out. Mine are brown so I can go any way, I personally love gold and rosey purples :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely like to pick out an eye look and tailor the rest around it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful look! You're looking so pretty Laura (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I looove copper eyeshadow and this looks gorgeous on you :)

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks! It's such a versatile color- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I usually don't wear eye makeup, but love this on you.

    Mimi & Chichi

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.