April Favorites!

Monday, May 4, 2015

I don't think I've done a monthly favorites post in, well...months (maybe a year?), but what better time to get back into them than now?! First up, is the Laura Geller blush in Tropic Hues. I picked this up in a haul earlier in the month and I am obsessed! You're probably all sick of me talking about them by now, but these blushes are just that good. As I've come to expect with these blushes, a few swipes leaves my cheeks with the right amount of both color and sheen. I love all of the colors that are swirled together- the pink, coral, and deep rose when mixed seem to be a perfect color for me lately.

A simple eye with a bit of liner has been a go-to look for me lately and my shadows of choice have been out of the Naked 3 palette. Specifically, I like to sweep Burnout (3rd from the left) all over the lid for a wash of light pink with a hint of shimmer and then blend Nooner, the deep rose matte shade through the crease. It's very subtle, with just the right amount of something to add a little definition. 'Cuz you all know I'm definitely not a bare lids kinda gal...

Every single day without fail I roll on some of the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black before leaving the house. When I initially bought the White and Black rollerball duo, I thought that I would love the White scent more than the Black, but it's actually the opposite! The scent of Nirvana White is lovely, don't get me wrong, but the peony in it is a little too floral for my liking to wear daily. Nirvana Black on the other hand is my fave- day or night. Something about the sandalwood and vanilla in this one are just so me. Once this little rollerball runs out I'm definitely buying the full size!

The Clinique Pop Lipstick in Plum Pop has quickly shot up to the top of my lip favorites list. The color is noticeable, but not too much. It looks lovely both patted in and applied full-on. The color lasts for hours, without needing to be re-applied and it doesn't dry out my lips when I wear it all day (which is a feat alone, let me tell ya)! If you want to see it in action, check out this post. I'm so impressed by this formula and am itching to try another shade.

The concealer favorite this month is actually a team! I like to use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer under my eyes and any red areas and blend it in with the Real Techniques Setting Brush. This much loved (and almost empty!) concealer is nice and creamy, so it blends in quickly and easily with the small and fluffy brush, making concealer application a breeze. 

I hope everyone had a great weekend! The weather was absolutely beautiful here- sunny and warm! It was a welcomed change after the longest winter ever. I did a little shopping for my brother and sister-in-law's baby shower and tried to get caught up on the dvr list (which I can never seem to do). The Mr and I are going to a Seether concert on Tuesday night. We haven't seen them live in a couple of years, so when I saw they were coming to town, I had to get tickets! Have a great week and let me know what your April favorites are in the comments!

24 comments

  1. Ohhh I really want to try those new Clinique lipsticks! Thinking Melon Pop :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's seriously good. Funny you say Melon Pop- that's the one I'm leaning towards lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the Naked palettes, and I would say number 3 is my favourite!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brazen BrunetteMay 4, 2015 at 7:21 PM

    Loved reading this monthly favorites! I am such a fan of the Maybelline concealer myself, it blends like a dream. And I will definitely have to check out that Nirvana fragrance and that Laura Geller blush, both sound awesome! A favorite of mine this month would have to be a Marc Jacobs lipstick I just picked up from Sephora in the shade 'Clara.'

    xoxo Nicole

    http://www.brazenbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. dying to smell that perfume!! great blush too!! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've fallen back in love with it recently! It really does make some pretty eye looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely check them out!! I've never tried anything from Marc Jacobs surprisingly. If that lipstick is a favorite of yours it must be good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must have smelled that perfume in sephora about 5 times before I finally bought it haha! And that blush is so ridiculously good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am suuuuuch a fan of the Maybelline concealer- that stuff is the best!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  10. I going to need to pick up another pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the look of that blush, so gorgeous! And that plum lipstick looks like the perfect shade. Great picks!

    xo Kiki

    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love nirvana black :)

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Elizabeth and James perfume is legit one of the best smelling perfumes ever! I LOVE it sooo much!!!

    xx emily | alwaysem.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely going to be out of this little rollerball soon! It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Laura Gellar blush looks gorgeous! I love the Maybelline Concealer so I'll try it with the RT setting brush :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so obsessed with these blushes- it's ridiculous! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun lip color! Thanks for sharing all of the getting ready products and items!

    XO,

    Meagan

    BLOGLOVIN'

    Hearts of Gold Blog

    Instagram @heartsofgoldblog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will have to try that concealer, thanks for the recommendation!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.