Smudgy shadow and plum lips

Thursday, April 23, 2015

So the Sephora sale happened...and I picked up a few things. I was actually pretty restrained and only bought 3 beauty bits- crazy, I know! I thought I'd do a little FOTD and let you know how they worked out for me so far.
I knew that I wanted to get the Laura Mercier caviar stick in Khaki so that was first treat to go into the basket. It's so different from the shades of shadow that I typically buy- a dark taupe-brown with a gorgeous green undertone. Not crazy green, but a deep green with an almost pearly finish. It goes on just as smooth as I've come to expect and blends out beautifully. I applied it as a thick liner-like line and then blended it out with fluffy brush until it was all smoky and smudgy. 

The Clinique bottom lash mascara has been something I've looked at for years and somehow never bought. I really struggle with mascara on my bottom lashes- it always ends up getting on my skin and I can never get the wand all the way to the root of the lashes. I tried this out and instantly feel in love with it. The wand is small enough to coat the bottom lashes from root to tip without transferring to your undereye and it gives perfect length and separation. Where has this been my whole life?

After reading a bunch of reviews across the blog-o-sphere lately about the Clinique Pop Lip Color + Primer I knew that I wanted to try one out- specifically Plum Pop. First off, let me just say that this little lipstick has completely surpassed my expectations. The color itself is stunning- a perfect mix of pink and purple that makes such a pretty berry shade. It's one of the creamiest formulas I've ever used and glides on extremely smoothly without any dragging. After the initial "lipstick" portion wears away (after hours!) it leaves a slight stain behind that continues to last even longer. The lipstick wore for about 4-5 hours and the stain lasted for another 5 hours (at least) after that. This was the really impressive part for me, since the color it leaves behind is the actual color of the lipstick! Shocker, I know, but I've had way to many lipstains over the years that have left behind that awful awkward-pink color that in no way resembles the original lip color. This added bonus definitely gives it extra marks in my book. 

If you picked up anything in the Sephora sale that you liked, let me know in the comments! I'm always looking for more winners to try!

23 comments

  1. Ahhh, the Sephora sale! Love this time of year, haha.

    That Clinique lip is so pretty on you!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so tempting!! Thanks Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want to try one of the new Clinique lipsticks. They sound absolutely brilliant - the longevity. Now, which colour to choose.. :)

    Christina x
    Christina Campbell Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all gorgeous picks! Love that LM cream shadow stick, definitely need to investigate at Sephora xx

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. There a lot colors to choose from- go with the color that speaks to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I really like the shade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I've been really wanting to try the Clinque Pop Lip Colour's, they sound soo good!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally in love! I want to try some other colors now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. At Wednesdays I Wear PinkApril 25, 2015 at 7:42 AM

    Love your makeup !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, I need to try that mascara you mentioned. Lately I've been having problems with my mascara transferring onto the area under my eyes... like, hours after I put it on. Has that ever happened to you? It's only recently become a thing in my life and I'm so perplexed by it!

    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep I've definitely had issues with that! Most of the time I end up getting it down there just with application haha. The little wand with this mascara really helped me with that though (no issues so far!) The only negative I've had is that it's a little more difficult to remove than my normal mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to try Clinique lipsticks, this shade is so pretty. Love the final makeup look (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look beautiful!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much! I was really impressed with the lipstick I tried from this range!

    ReplyDelete
  15. loving the look and sound of the laura mercier caviar stick, gorgeous!

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like it! I'd highly recommend the shade Amethyst too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Plum Pop on you! I got the Clinique bottom lash mascara and it's become my holy grail too ❤
    munchies&musings

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you! I'm pretty impressed by it so far! It definitely lives up to the hype!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look great. I love the bottom lash Mascara too!

    I write Mademoiselle meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love it if you gave it a read.

    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks! I'll check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.