L'Oréal Collection Privee The Perfect Nudes- Something for Everyone

Monday, April 20, 2015

If I'm to forced to choose between nude or red lipstick I'll always choose nude. It's a comfort zone thing, I guess. So when I saw that L'Oréal created the Collection Privee The Perfect Nudes lipsticks in a full range of colors I was definitely intrigued. Each of the celebrities behind the collection represent different skin tones, so there's a nude shade for everyone. The lipsticks are part of the popular Color Riche range, as well, so they up to the standard quality that you would expect from the brand. 

Let's get the elephant out of the room and talk about the smell- that chemical-heavy smell that takes me right back to trying on my mom's lipsticks as a kid. As strong as it is when it's first applied, it's oddly nostalgic for me and really doesn't bother me too much. If lipsticks that have any kind of a scent bother you, then these are probably not for you, though.

The formula is creamy and nicely pigmented, making them easy to apply right out of the bullet (maybe even without a mirror, depending on the shade). They typically last about 3-4 hours for me before they need to be re-applied and will definitely need to get touched up if you eat anything. For a drugstore lipstick a 4 hour staying power is good enough for me.

There are six colors in total, ranging from a pale pink to a deep, rich brown. I picked up Doutzen's, JLo's, and Freida's to try out thus far.
The first one I tried is Doutzen's nude, thinking it would be "my" nude, being as pale as I am. (It was a long winter and I practically hibernated, so I desperately need a bit of sun, ok?) The light bubblegum pink was much more pigmented than I thought and definitely comes across as a straight-up pink nude. It's lighter than I usually go for and not terrible on my skin tone, just not what I would reach for as an everyday nude.
I wanted to try a couple of other shades, so I picked up JLo's nude in my last shopping trip. I think this one is my fave out of them all. I'm certainly no Jennifer Lopez (obviously), but it just works for me, I think. The peach undertones to this shade make a completely wearable nude that's not too pale or too brown. This one's a keeper in the rotation, for sure.
Last up, completely out of left field is Frieda's. Now if I'm no JLo, then I am definitely no Frieda Pinto, but this color has been growing on me. It a lavender nude that completely embodies the 90's grunge lip trend. Pair this one with a gray smokey eye and it would be perfection.

Which of these is your favorite? If you've tried any of these before (or any of the shades that I haven't tried yet), let me know in the comments! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this collection!

I hope you all had a great weekend! Now that my long hours at work are finally over (*insert parade here*) I finally took a few days off for a nice long weekend. Some family was in town so we hung out with them a bit, went out to dinner, took Brutus for a haircut, and just caught up on life (and the DVR list)! The Mr and I are thinking of taking a vacation this year, so if you have any suggestions for a great trip please let me know! We're looking to go somewhere in the US in late spring for about 4-5 days. Las Vegas? NYC? I honestly can't decide, so if you've had a fabulous vacay somewhere, I'll definitely take recommendations!!

27 comments

  1. I definitely need to go out and take a look in my drugstore for these as I loved their red collection for this line. They all look great on you but I do agree that I love the JLo nude the most! Also as far as your family holiday goes Spring is really the best time to visit New York for the weather but I'd also hugely recommend San Francisco for a city holiday!! :) xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kicking myself for missing the reds! I heard Julianne's red was fantastic! I'll add San Fran to the short list- we've never been there before either!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nude lip shades so really enjoyed reading this post :) I really need to try these, I've heard really good things about them! x


    www.jordanalice.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. theblackblush blogApril 20, 2015 at 1:39 PM

    Pretty shades! Perfect for everyday!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for affordable nudes! I really need to try some of their collection :)

    Han | hannahjanewilliams.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always check these out at the store, but I've never tried one out. I love Jennifer's nude and it looks perfect on you!

    xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked Doutzens colours, but then that was probably just me wishing I'd look like her!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much! You should definitely try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That shade would look great on you Annabel! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love the J.Lo shade. We've been seeing this every where! We can't wait for the range to launch in Australia. The packaging also gets ourtick of approval :)

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love there are different nude options for different preferences and complexions- so lovely!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous collection, beautiful colours.

    http://www.thestylegalaxy.com/
    Get the new T-shirt collection here http://teespring.com/stores/st-12

    ReplyDelete
  13. The JLo shade looks amazing!! :) X


    www.fashionablepassion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh they're such beautiful shades! I love the L'oreal lipsticks, they're so creamy and comfortable xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much! They're such a good quality for being so affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE how they gave each shade a celeb. I'm also really really digging your bronzy eyeshadow!

    Georgina
    foxonthehunt.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found the same thing - JLO's warmer nude worked best on my skin tone, even though it's far. These all look great on you Laura!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you! It's actually the Laura Mercier caviar stick in Amethyst! It's a taupe shade with a lavender-like tone through it. When it's blended out it definitely looks metallic- I'd 100% recommend it. One of my all-time faves!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's it funny how that turned out to be the case? I never would have guessed that shade would suit me best! Glad you liked it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the last one!! :D looks great!

    Have a nice day!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you! Have a great day too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all really pretty on you! Love that second one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks so much!! That one's my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.