Backpacks: from childhood to chic

Monday, April 27, 2015

Whoa now, what's this, a fashion post? Haven't done one of these in forever! I wanted to give you all the scoop on my latest fashion obsession for spring and summer. I'm pretty sure the last time I wore a non-school backpack I was in middle school. Did anyone else have one of the mini-backpacks (that basically held nothing) as a kid? Cross-body bags have been more my style the past few years. Even though I don't think I carry around that much stuff, my shoulder and neck have been bothering me more than usual lately from the weight of the bag, so I figured it was a sign to explore some other options. 

Backpacks seem to be having a moment and I was definitely interested in switching up my bag game. Looking like a child, however, was not my goal. Finding a backpack is easy, but finding a chic one is more of a challenge. While browsing through TJ Maxx I stumbled on the Brory backpack by Steve Madden and after much mental debating I went for it. Best. Decision. Ever. 
I love the beige tone mixed with the black and the all of the gold hardware. It really takes it from a basic backpack to a completely modern handbag. The size is just enough to hold what I need and being able to wear it on both shoulders makes my back, neck, and shoulders feel sooo much better! Plus, I think it'll be really convenient for keeping both hands free if I go to any festivals this spring and summer!

Since I can't seem to find this specific one anywhere online (isn't that always the way...), I thought I'd pull together some other cute ones that I'm crazy about for all of you!
1 - H&M / 2 - Topshop / 3 - Asos (love the lavender!) / 4 - Asos / 5 - H&M

So what do you think about the backpack trend? Are you on board with them or sticking to traditional handbags for the season? I hope everyone had a great weekend! I didn't do too much- watched some old Pretty Little Liars episodes on Netflix and just hung out around the house with the dogs. Sometimes relaxing weekends are the best!! 

35 comments

  1. Wow love this backpack, definitely chic! I love leather backpacks.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been looking for a backpack like this, great find!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks - I'm loving the backpack trend! Shoulder bags are uncomfortable for me to carry so I prefer to wear crossbody bags or backpacks anyway ❤
    munchies&musings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally loving it! The material definitely makes a difference so it doesn't look sporty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bag, the colors used here are very attractive!!

    Pop on over | Rachael Styles Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kinda slow on the backpack trend (probably because they totallyyyyyy remind me of my school days, ha!) but I'm loving some of the cool leather versions out now. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was completely hesitant too (poor early-teens fashion decisions lol). I definitely happy with the one I chose, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this trend of chic backpacks, especially the ones with gold hardwear. The ASOS one is stunning for Spring *opens link* xx

    Magpie Jasmine | Zoeva Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I was definitely on the fence at first, but I'm so happy I got it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that 3rd backpack is so charming!!! love this! :D

    Have a great day!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love number 1 and 4!


    www.tusksandtails.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! So happy you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good!! I love the lines of #4 so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the backpack it's gorgeous! I definitely want to buy a backpack x

    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to have one of those tiny backpacks in the nineties and I thought I was the coolest thing ever! Because of that I haven't really embraced the trend this time around, but I have to say, some of these pastel coloured ones are really pretty! x
    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had one of those itty bitty ones too! I definitely thought I was super cool with it haha. I love them in pastel for spring right now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute bag! It has the same color scheme as my handbag and wallet haha, which I definitely didn't intend for them to match :P I haven't worn a backpack in ages, maybe 4 or 5 years ago. I don't think it's for me though, since I like being able to easily put or take things out of my bag without having to take it off.

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks- I love the color combo! Totally understandable and definitely of drawback of this style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This two from Asos are must have..Like them!

    https://thefurthestthingfromperfect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love those colors for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute backpack!

    Mindy

    www.kindofluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the return of the backpack trend :)

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm completely into it and I didn't think I would be!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The black ones definitely work for all seasons too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your backpack, definitely cute and chic :) thanks for sharing the different ones online too, now I want one haha <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much! I'm a terrible enabler :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your backpack and the no:3. Currently loving pastel shades.

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks! Isn't that lavender one so cute?!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.