Lorac Party Palette

Sunday, March 8, 2015


Oh, Lorac, why am I so addicted to buying your shadows? It's a problem. I already have way more eye shadow palettes than I need, but I saw this cute little Party Palette in January and really wanted to try it out. Like so many other beauty-lovers, I was highly impressed by the Lorac Pro palettes, so I had high hopes for these shadows. Plus, it's is half-neutrals and half-brights, which could definitely create some fun looks (hence the name Party, I guess). And the fact that it's all shimmers and no mattes really doesn't bother me, as I'm a shimmer girl at heart.

Overall, I'm split on this one. The shadows aren't quite up to the quality of the Pro palettes- they're not as buttery or pigmented and take a bit more work blend. The neutral shades are better quality than the brights, which is a bit of a let-down, as I was pretty excited to play with that purple. That color specifically was a pain, both to get it to show up well and apply smoothly.  The palette comes with two highlight shades- a white and a champagne. I really like the golden undertones of the champagne highlight and it's great for using on the inner corners and brow bone. The best shades overall are the shimmery brown (second from left), the golden pink (fourth from left), and the black with a hint of tiny glitter fleck. All of those shades were used in the look below, along with a bit of the green and champagne smudged in the inner portion of my eyes. Just as a sidenote, it drives me insane that they didn't give these shadows names. Am I the only one that needs a shade name with each shadow?


So what do you think? Would the pros outweigh the cons enough for you to check out this palette?

33 comments

  1. Nice palette. Love the natural make-up.
    Btw I like your blog and I would be happy if we could follow each other on GFC. Just let me know and I'll follow you right back.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous palette, love the pinky shades :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Like your
    blog very much! I found your posts very interesting! And also I like your
    beautiful photos! I know that blog requires much time, but keep doing it!

    I’ll be
    happy to see you in my blog!)



    Diana
    Cloudlet

    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colors!

    http://www.heartsofgoldblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. honestly in the box, I was not sure what I would think but the tones are really pretty on your skin tone!


    xx
    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks pretty in your eyes.

    I love it.

    XO

    Check my new post.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! They're definitely my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I wasn't sure what to expect either, both some of the shades turned out to be really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so pretty, and you've created a lovely look!


    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! They're the best of the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These shades look super pretty! I especially love the turquoise one!

    Jennifer Ashley
    www.prettylittledetails.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this eye makeup on you, Laura. xx


    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That one would be great for a liner on the bottom lash line!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow. these colors are all super pretty and I can imagine them very well on my eyes

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. these colors are so pretty and I can imagine them very well on my own eyes

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. oohh.. those are fun colours!!! i love the shimmer!

    have a great week!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  17. There's definitely some nice shades in the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much! Glad you like them! Hope you have a great week too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE LOVE

    natalieoffduty.com

    Natalie Off Duty

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the make up! Xx

    Http://cvalerou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love colourful eyeshadow! The colour looks so good on you!

    http://orryginal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you! Colorful shadows are so fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.