Lilac Nails

Sunday, February 15, 2015


I'm clearly sick of winter and desperate for spring with this nail polish. I picked up Essie's Lilacism to refresh my nails and get out of the dark color/glitter rut I've been in for months. I was really excited to slap on this light, whimsical shade and it didn't disappoint. Opaque in two coats and chip-free for five days. Perfection. This reads more light blue, than light purple in my opinion, though. Lilac makes me think of purple, but this is more of a cool-toned blue and similar to the color of hydrangeas in the spring. Either way, it's lovely and a new favorite in my nail polish collection.

Are you looking forward to spring as much as I am? It can't come soon enough! As living proof, here's a pic the Mr snapped that I Instagrammed of me next to a snow pile last weekend. Yep, this is where I live.


Hope you're all having a great weekend!

26 comments

  1. Gorgeous shade, Essie always gets in spot on. Love the snow pile!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annabel! I usually buy Essie because they're so good! :)

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful shade! I can't wait for Spring!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! It can't come soon enough!

      Delete
  3. .....And I thought we had a lot of snow over here in New York City. Lilacism looks so pretty, one of my friends owns it and I always compliment her when it's on her nails. Unfortunately I'm trying to not buy so many polishes, I have way too many that I either have to use up or give away first!

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea the snow is pretty ridiculous haha. I totally hear you on the polish buying limit- I've definitely had to control myself at times too. :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous color! Beautiful pictures! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    God bless you!
    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this colour! looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really enjoying the brightness of it!

      Delete
  6. Love the color, I like subtle colors a lot!

    xo naomi
    http://www.naomiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. It's definitely been brightening up these gloomy winter days! xx

      Delete
  8. I love your nails :)
    XO

    http://thebandwagonchic.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Essie is my favourite nail polish, amazing how long it lasts without chipping! This colour is so pretty for Spring :)

    Kat | www.kathorrocks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I always look at the Essie section first when I'm looking for a new polish!

      Delete
  10. Definitely seems more of a light blue to me as well. Gorgeous shade.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this color! I am such a sucker for Essie polishes, will definitely need to try this shade out.

    xoxo Nicole

    http://www.brazenbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! If I see one that's even slightly different than one I already have, I'll probably buy it! lol

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.