Haul, First Impressions, and FOTD

Sunday, February 22, 2015

I decided to treat myself to a few new beauty products this weekend. Work has been incredibly busy and I've been working 6 days a week, so I thought this would be a nice mood booster. I tried them all out for a little FOTD and I thought I'd share my initial thoughts on all of them. Warning- there's unintentionally a lot of pink in the group today...

I've really been wanting to try out a primer lately, mostly in the hope that my makeup will last a bit longer throughout the day. I went with the Maybelline Master Prime and chose the type for redness control. My nose and cheeks can get more of a red undertone to them than I'd like, so I this one would be better for me than the illuminating or smoothing versions. In terms of redness control, I really didn't notice a difference on my skin, but it did make a smooth, hydrated base for my blush and concealer. Once I've tested it a little more for the longevity of my makeup, I'll report back as to how it performs.
In my February Ipsy box, I received the Model Co blush in the shade Cosmopolitan. This little pink number has been on my cheeks all week. The blush has good pigmentation and is such a pretty pink for livening up the face. It also lasts without fading longer than most blushes that I've tried. I'm pretty impressed by this one. 
Rimmel's Provocalips is a new product that I first saw on Love, Krista and instantly knew I had to check out in the shade Dare to Pink. I've just used this once, but I am completely obsessed! The shade is your-lips-but-better pinky-nude. It glides on and sets into place quickly, then gets sealed in with the glossy top coat. Once it's set and locked in it does not budge, even through drinking and eating! The gloss wears off after a few hours, but the color itself remains. I think I've found my new daily lipstick and I'm excited to check out the other colors in the range! I'm guesing Kiss Me You Fool will be next...
And my Maybelline Color Tattoo collection increases by one... Inked in Pink from the metal collection was calling my name and now I know why. The metallic sheen of this soft pink cream shadow is really what makes it special. It applies smoothly with just your finger and adds doesn't crease when you use a eye primer beneath it. The quality of the Color Tattoo range is fantastic and I would highly recommend checking out this one from the group.
If you ever spot a quad from theBalm, grab it! I'm not sure if these are limited editions, but I would be very disappointed if I missed getting them. I bought the Mont Balm quad in the fall and absolutely love it (Whistler is gorgeous!), so when I spotted the La Balmba palettes, I had to get one. There is a brown-toned version that I bought and a blue-toned version, as well. The colors are all richly pigmented, smooth, and easy to blend, as I've come to expect from theBalm. I used Flamenco in the crease and Mambo as a liner. I can't wait to create more looks with these colors!
FOTD breakdown:
Primer - Maybelline Master Prime
Concealer - It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye
Highlighter - L'Oreal Magic Lumi (fair), theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
Bronzer - Nars Laguna
Blush - Model Co Cosmopolitan
Brows - Anastasia Brow Wiz (medium brown), Benefit Gimme Brow (light/medium)
Eyes - Maybelline Color Tattoo Inked in Pink, theBalm La Balmba (Flamenco, Mambo), Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara

Have you tried any of these beauty bits before?

19 comments

  1. Such a stunning look. Mambo is an amazing & rich color. Love it.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen! It's my favorite color in the quad!

      Delete
  2. Oh i love the matte finish.
    Looks so natural.
    XO

    Check my new post.
    http://thebandwagonchic.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Rimmel Lipgloss sounds amazing, must try it! I love your make-up, so fresh and subtle :)

    xo Mel | Sketch & Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was pretty impressed by how long the lipstick lasted- 16 hours is pretty accurate!

      Delete
  4. I love the sound of the Rimmel Provocalips and the fact that it doesn't budge! Will have to have a look out for it and the other shades that they do :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This staying power was amazing! I wore it all day yesterday for about 14 hours and the color didn't move or fade!

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty flush that blush gives you! Gorg!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Carmen! It's my favorite color in the quad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This staying power was amazing! I wore it all day yesterday for about 14 hours and the color didn't move or fade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I was pretty impressed by how long the lipstick lasted- 16 hours is pretty accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look! It's so natural-looking especially since harsh contouring (looking at myself haha) is very "in" at the moment. Your eyes are gorgeous as well :)

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
  10. La Balmba needs to get in my life right now! Gorgeous! xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! You wouldn't regret it- all the shades are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.