Latest Television and Movie Obsession

Sunday, January 4, 2015

During my time off from work in December (I took a full two weeks off!!) I did a lot of much needed "nothing". It felt amazing to relax for a bit before I head into the busiest time of year at work. Throughout all of that nothing time I watched quite a bit of t.v. and movies, so I thought I'd share two of my favorites with you so you can enjoy them, too!
Source
The Blacklist is quite possibly one the best shows I've watched in a long time. I have been completely obsessed with it since my husband suggested we start to watch it at the beginning of December. I was hooked from the first five minutes of the pilot episode and watched the entire first season on Netflix in one weekend. It's that good. If you haven't heard of this show before, it's basically about a fugitive who surrenders to the FBI and makes a deal with them to hunt down criminals from his "Blacklist" in exchange for his freedom. James Spader is absolutely incredible as the lead role and it's the type of show that is non-stop action, mystery, and excitement in every episode. 
Source
I decided to watch Silver Linings Playbook last week since it's been on my "Want To Watch" list for quite some time. The film is so much better than I thought it would be with so many funny moments, as well as serious subjects dealing with mental health. The general premise of the movie is that a man gets out of a mental hospital and is trying to win back his estranged wife. In the meantime he meets another woman who was recently widowed that he forms a friendship with as he continues in his recovery. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence really shine in their roles and now I find myself watching it every time I see it on tv. I can't watch it enough!

Let me know if you've seen either of these before!

12 comments

  1. I need to watch Silver linings :) !


    www.Shannenandco.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably one of the best movies I've seen lately!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's so good! I can't believe it's taken me so long to finally watch it!

      Delete
  3. I watched Silver Linings twice but couldn't get into it. Hmm. What's wrong with me?
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyone has to like the same movies :) I just thought all of the family dynamics were hilarious and Bradley Cooper's character's never-ending quirks and weirdness made it so entertaining! xx

      Delete
  4. I love Blacklist too! It is a great show!

    Jana
    Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously obsessed! Can't wait to be reunited with Raymond Reddington in a few weeks! :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds really good - I'll definitely be checking it out, especially because it's on Netflix!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! If you are anything like me you will watch a ton of episodes in one sitting! :)

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.