Glitter Nail Fail

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Although the holidays are over, I'm not ready to completely quit glitter polish just yet. I decided to tone it down a bit with a neutral gray on all of my nails using Essie's Chinchilly, which I've fallen back in love with. It's such a beautiful light gray that reminds me of a fluffy little kitten! 
Midi Ring - Forever 21
Let's cut right to the glitter fail. I bought the Nail's Inc. Tinseltown trio specifically for the glitter polish in the set, Maryleboyne Avenue. It looked so promising with metallic and pink chevrons. I mean, c'mon, metallic chevrons- so different! I was just planning to add it to the tip of one nail, since the holidays are officially over now. My first attempt saw one chevron and a couple of glitter specs. I tried re-dipping and swiping three times and ended up with a couple more glitter bits and two chevrons. Horrible! The more I tried to get some sort of glittery effect happening, the more it started to get lumpy and full of air bubbles. Ridiculous. One of the worst glitter polishes I've ever tried in terms of application. 
This definitely will not be going to the top of polish list, but at least the other nails look good, right?

8 comments

  1. Don't ya hate when some glitter polishes look so good in the bottle, but not on! So deceiving!

    Linh | SimplyLinh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! You never really know until you try them, I guess!

      Delete
  2. I love how you added it to the very top of the nail! But I totally know what you mean. I've had many glitter fails, as well! I keep dipping it and dipping it, in hopes to get more on the nail, but then too much of the clear gets put on, and like no glitter! lol. Love the gray polish though :)

    - StyledByBlondie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Such high hopes for that one, but so disappointing! :(

      Delete
  3. That's a shame. I love a good sparkly nail!

    Jennifer Jayne xx
    jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least there's plenty of other excellent glitter options out there!

      Delete
  4. This glitter nail polish is awesome!
    Kisses

    Francesca http://www.everydaycoffee.it/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.