Essie Winter Polishes

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

L-R: Head Mistress, Snake Rattle and Roll, Smokin' Hot, Wicked
One of my favorite parts about fall and winter is breaking out the darker and more intense colors in my nail polish collection. Four of my favorites are all from Essie, which isn't surprising since they have an amazing selection of colors and both an easy to apply and long lasting formula.

Head Mistress - One of my first and most loved Essie polishes. The deep, vibrant red red screams winter (and Christmas). It's such a classic color that I feel like an old-Hollywood starlet when I wear it.

Snake, Rattle and Roll - This metallic, silver-toned shade has a special trick- it's magnetic and when you hold the magnet in the lid over the wet polish is creates the subtle design that's featured on the lid. So different and easy to use! It looks great without the effect, too when you're craving a nice, metallic nail.

Smokin' Hot - The neutral cool-toned gray of this shade is perfect for days when I just don't know what color to choose. It goes with everything and would also look great as a base for almost any glitter for a festive feel.

Wicked - Last, but certainly not least, this burgundy-almost-black shade is probably my all-time favorite winter polish. I use it almost every time I get a pedicure during the fall and winter. It vamps up any look and is even described by Essie as a "sinister red". Very creative and descriptive wording.

What's your favorite Essie polish for winter?

30 comments

  1. Essie are brilliant for winter shades, and their formulations are so good! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get my hands on some Essie polishes - I think that Wicked is my fave out of these!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Wicked is one of those colors that goes with everything!

      Delete
  3. Loving Wicked!! I really need to add to my Essie stock!

    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look like gorgeous shades and definitely are fit for the Winter season. Essie is a lovely brand but I have yet to own a polish from them! Their iconic Fiji is one to also look out for, and one that I think is an all year round shade!
    Grey's are definitely my go-to shade, too! Love how it goes with everything - not that I really care if my nail colour matches my outfit! haha!
    Hope you have a great day! <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 
    also on BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely checked out Fiji a few times, but I can't commit! I've heard mixed reviews on it- a great shade but it's notoriously a pain to apply evenly! :( Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love Essie polishes, thanks for sharing! <3

    I have a new outfit post on my blog, would love to know your thoughts;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. You should definitely check them out! Thanks!!

      Delete
  7. Wicked is beautiful!

    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of my all-time faves! Thanks!

      Delete
  8. I have never tried essie before but these are lovely shades :)
    x vonyll
    http://pinupgalore.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such good quality and have a great color selection. I'd definitely recommend checking them out!

      Delete
  9. Nice polish! I love nails polish!
    I wait you in my blog darling :)
    Kisses
    xx Lisbeth
    Novedadesatualcance.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice polish :-)

    www.wanjiruwangethe.me.ke

    ReplyDelete
  11. The vibrant red is definitely a classic! The silver metallic looks really nice too. :) xx

    nikimint


    ReplyDelete
  12. Smokin' hot is lush, I don't think I have anything similar in my collection! x

    Cream Tea And Rose Jam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one! A good goes-with-anything color! :)

      Delete
  13. I need to update my Essie collection for the winter, and these are some nice shades!



    http://jeansandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're always so tempting to buy!

      Delete
  14. I love Essie polishes, these colours are lovely! <3

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Head Mistress looks like the perfect red!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.