A Little Birthday Haul

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

It was my birthday on Saturday the 6th, so I figured I'd pick up a few things from Sephora and Ulta as a little treat from me to me. Why not? I'm not sure if you are all aware, but if you add your birthdate to your profiles for both stores you can get extra goodies and coupons during your birthday month! As if I need more incentives to shop...
I did a little online browse over at Sephora, since I had a $15 coupon to use and I was eligible for my birthday freebie of a mini Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara and Rouge Artist Natural lipstick in Copper Pink. I wasn't overly impressed with the mascara. One coat didn't do much to my lashes and I prefer others from the drugstore over this one. The lipstick turned out to be flattering and creamy, as well as long-lasting without being overly drying.
On top of those freebies, I ended up buying the cult favorite Nars Laguna bronzer, which I've been craving for ages and had never owned. (I know, I am a disgrace of a makeup lover.) The bronzer is as awesome as I was expecting- buildable, not too light or too dark, and easily gives that slight warmth that my face is craving at the moment.
On my online shopping extravaganza, I also decided to add the Laura Mercier shadow stick in Amethyst since I'd been wanting to try it out for quite some time. I'm crazy about this shadow after one use! The color is such a beautiful combo of lilac and taupe. It's really creamy, easy to apply and looks gorgeous with the edges blended out.
I decided to throw in the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black and Nirvana White rollerball duo at the last minute before checking out and I'm so glad I did! I've smelled these in the store a few times and I always leaned toward the White scent; however, and trying them both I have to say that my favorite is definitely Black. Black is described as violet, sandalwood, and vanilla - right up my alley- , while the White is more of a floral, peony and musk scent. And talk about mini goodness- perfect size to chuck in your bag.
I also made my way to Ulta over the weekend to use my $10 off birthday voucher. I didn't have anything in mind to buy, but I browsed around the store (for way too long) and went on a bit of a nail polish buying frenzy. I ended up going for Nicole by OPI's Goodbye Shoes, a Nails Inc holiday trio in Tinseltown, and Essie's Summit of Style. I think the gray-green polish with a bit gold glitter on the tips will be awesome together. I sense some nail painting in my near future.
I apologize for not having any swatches, but I'll probably end up with a FOTD post featuring a lot of these very soon. Let me know if you've tried any of these before- I'd love to hear your thoughts!


12 comments

  1. I LOVE the Elizabeth & James Nirvana. MK & Ash are my idols.

    - Sarah :)
    www.thecrownbijoux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have such an effortlessly cool style!

      Delete
  2. Making me jealous we don't have a Sephora here in the UK aha! I love your photos. Happy belated birthday!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think Sephora ships to the UK now! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday! All your presents look lovely! The photos are in such great quality!


    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to live near a Serphora - though I think I would end up spending all my money!! xx

    www.lulabelloves.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think it's safer for me to shop from their website- at least then you can see the total order cost rising as you add things to the cart! haha

      Delete
  5. Love Nars! Its such a great product and not too heavy! Melissa is wearing a beautiful red lip in our NYE outfit post that we shared on the blog today! Think you would like it :)

    xo, Jennifer
    Seek Wander Share
    Follow Seek Wander Share on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  6. al of these presents are amazing ,I wish you everything the best dear
    check out my blog

    http://thefashionsateen.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.