Shopping the Men's Section

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

As much as I love shopping, sometimes it takes a little wander to an unexpected area to find something new. When I went to Target with my husband recently, I found a few fun shirts in the men's section that I never would have stumbled upon in the women's section.  

This casual Star Wars hoodie fits so comfortably and is perfect for running errands on the weekend.
Hoodie- Target / Jeans- LC Lauren Conrad / Boots- Target

I had to get this hilarious bear-in-a-sweater sweatshirt. It's so cute for lounging around on a cold day!
Sweatshirt- Target / Yoga Pants- Target / Moccasins- Minnetonka

The last find in the men's section is this oar-printed sweater with a shawl collar. It has such a wintery vibe that I absolutely love and it's really warm and cozy! 
Sweater- Target / T-Shirt- Target / Jeans- Target / Glitter Sneakers- Converse

A couple of tips for shopping in the men's section:
1. Try everything on. A size small in one shirt may fit well, while a size large in another may fit just as well.
2. Think outside of the box. Just because it's styled a certain way on the mannequin doesn't mean it can't be styled differently to look more feminine.
3. The men's section can be a great resource for loungewear, pajamas, and loose t-shirts. There might be some options there that aren't even an option in the women's section.

I hope this was helpful and got you to think a little differently next time you go shopping! Have you ever bought anything from the men's section?

14 comments

  1. I got one of my favorite shirts from the men's section in Target. Sometimes they fit better!
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Carmen! Sometimes the women's section just doesn't cut shirts right! Thanks for stopping back!

      Delete
  2. i like to look in the men's section as well especially for flannels and jerseys :)

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram // youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes- flannels! I'll have to look for that next Danielle!

      Delete
  3. I love the cardigan with patterns! I like to shop a the men's section but for scarves, I love silk printed carrés they design for men!
    Love from France <3
    Cécile
    www.maxcebycecilej.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good idea! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love shopping in the menswear section! Men's sweaters are soooo comfy, sometimes I wish they made girl sweaters that way!

    - Sarah :)
    www.thecrownbijoux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Sarah! I sometimes like to pick up sweaters that are a little oversized and they're cut perfectly over there!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE oversized sweaters! I love wearing them with leggings and a scarf in the winters. SO comfy x

    Annie R Lindberg @ www.missannieway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The leggings balance out the oversized sweater so well!

      Delete
  6. Hi there!!!

    lovely blog post

    your blog is amazing !! I just love it

    good job

    would mean a lot to see you over on my blog post ! http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are too adorable! And you look extra comfy in those. Nothing better than a big comfy top!

    http://littlegrimoire.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.