theBalm: A New Obsession

Saturday, October 11, 2014

theBalm is seriously awesome and I can't believe it's taken me this long to realize it. Aside from the retro and playful packaging, plus hilarious word-play ("DownBoy", "Cindy-Lou Manizer"- genius names), the brand has a large variety of quality products.
I'm slowly building my collection and have a few others on the constant 'to-be-bought list'. So far I've tried Stainiac, Mary-Lou Manizer, Instain - Houndstooth, and Mont Balm. 
Stainiac ($17) is a lip and cheek stain, but I prefer to use it just on my lips. It's looks like an intense burgundy-wine shade in the tube, but it's a very sheer shade once applied. To be perfectly honest, I don't care for this product at all. I think it doesn't add a lot of color, it tends to apply patchy, and feels drying on the lips. So far this is the only miss I've come across in the line.
Mary-Lou Manizer ($24) is a definite favorite (see my last post about my favorite highlighters here). This is a gorgeous honey shade for works great for cheeks and the inner corners of the eye. It's so pretty when it catches the light! A little bit goes a long way and the glow it provides is very buildable.
Instain in Houndstooth ($22) I bought when I was on the hunt for a new blush for autumn the other day. It's a mauve-toned blush with the right mix of pink and purple. It's supposed to be a "staining" powder blush and have long lasting color. The first time I used this I was thoroughly impressed. It's highly pigmented, so you only need a little bit on your brush to get a nice flush of color and the lasting power of the color on my cheeks was incredible- it stayed on without touch-ups longer than any other blush I've ever tried! 
Mont Balm ($15) is a gorgeous, shimmery eye shadow quad that looks like it was inspired by a winter skiing vacation- so cute! I was most drawn in by Aspen, the cranberry shade of the palette, as it screams "Wear me for fall and winter". The colors blend well and I love that it is in slim packaging with a magnetic closure. I'm in love with the cool-toned taupe shimmer that that Whistler gives, too!
I think next I'll be trying the ShadyLady palette, Bahama Mama bronzer, and Frat Boy blush. Please let me know your favorite products from theBalm that I should check out!

2 comments

  1. You have some really nice make up products and your blog is really good
    http://misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.