Tarte Rainforest After Dark

Sunday, July 20, 2014

After doing a bit of browsing for makeup the other day, I stumbled across the new Tarte Rainforest After Dark palette and knew that I wanted to try it out. First off, the name and packaging are both so mysterious and unique that I was sucked right in. I love that gold snake with the crystal on the lid! 
The palette itself is quite large and comes with six eye shadows, a blush, a bronzer, and a highlighter. Each product is nicely pigmented and finely milled, so they are very easy to work with. A little bit goes a long way and they're all very buildable. The first time I used it I went for the three purple toned shades for my lids. They blend well together and have really good color payoff. The dark purple looks intense, but trust me it's very wearable, even for daytime. The blush is such a beautiful rosy pink and gives the cheeks a natural flush. I would expect no less from a Tarte blush! I really like the warm shade of the bronzer, too. Probably one of the best bronzer colors I've found in a while. My only complaint would be that the shape of the bronzer and highlighter sections make it a bit difficult to fit a larger brush in them.
Overall I am absolutely loving this new palette from Tarte and am really excited to try some different combinations with it! Are any of you thinking of trying this?

14 comments

  1. it looks amazing! and the colours suit you well

    xo

    Inspirations Have I None

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  2. oh wow it's really pretty! love all the shades :) xx

    FeelBella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Almu! I think the blush is the best part of the palette :)

      Delete
  3. This palette looks perfect! It really suits you. I'd love to give it a go x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been having fun playing around with the different colors!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm definitely enjoying it- lots of wearable colors in it!

      Delete
  5. this palette is beautiful! Such lovely neutrals, which one can never have enough of

    Angie | http://www.thefashionfuse.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I'm sure I have far too many neutral palettes...but I'm ok with that. :)

      Love your blog Angie!

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© She Likes to Shop. Design by FCD.